Tuesday, 5 February 2013

An Essence Manicure

I decided to give myself an Essence manicure using some of their products I picked up recently.




Firstly I applied this cuticle remover gel. I really liked this. It has a subtle citrusy scent which was nice. The cuticles were so soft and easy to push back, and they felt so moisturised too.



These are the polishes I used. I applied three coats of the Iced Strawberry Cream. This is a gorgeous colour. It is a really pearly, peachy finish.


This Express Dry Spray is amazing! I had been using Essence's Express Dry Drops, but this spray is much better. It does not feel oily or greasy, and it is a lifesaver for me! I have an awful habit of painting my nails and ruining them when they are not properly dry! It also comes in handy when doing nail art and french polishes, it really speeds up the whole process.


For the tips, I used this white tip painter which I showed in a previous post. I can manage very well with this, it is a lot easier to use than regular nail polish brushes. The only downside is that the brush is so long and thin, sometimes large drops of polish fall down the applicator from the lid.



I got this Special Effect Topper at the weekend. I must admit that this polish looks a lot more interesting in the bottle than it does on the nail. It is basically a clear coat, with a very subtle pink shimmer through it. Don't get me wrong, it is lovely for this sort of a look. I love glitter polishes and this one isn't all that glittery. However, it is lovely for a nice subdued look which is what I wanted for my manicure.

And here is the finished product...


I am so bad at doing french polishes, but I don't think this one turned out too badly. The products used were great and I would highly recommend all of them! Essence is an amazing brand, I wish they sold their products online!

5 comments:

  1. I'm going to pick up that Express Dry Spray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I must look for the Cuticle gel! I didn't know they did one!:D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both products are amazing, girls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. one tip for you with the essence topper.. use it over colour, especially like navys and blacks and it's amazing!!! trust me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip Marian! I must try it out and review it again! :)

      Delete