Wednesday, 27 March 2013

Cocoa Brown Tan!

I had heard about this tan many times, it has exploded onto the Irish market. There are no stockists near me, so I ordered from www.carterbeauty.ie. I cannot believe this tan is only €7.99! It is a real bargain!



I have never used a mousse tan in my life, so I wasn't sure how much to use initially! I was being rather over-cautious with it I think. When you pump just a small amount onto your mitt, it expands out so it is quite deceiving. Next time I am going to use a lot more than I did. 


One thing I did notice about the application of this tan is that it feels very "dry", which is a good thing I guess. No sticky feeling! But when applying, you can feel your mitt start to drag and when that happens, I would recommend another small pump. My tan turned out a little lighter than I would have liked, but that was because I tried to spread each pump over as much of my skin as I possibly could. Also when I use lotion tan, I like to use the excess on the mitt to put a little on my face, but with this tan there was no excess! (Again that is possibly because I did not use enough). I guess it's all about trial and error when you try out new products.


This was after the three hours, which I believe is when the tan is fully developed. You can shower off the excess after one hour if that's what you like, but I decided to leave it. It is probably the most natural looking tan I have ever used. Not a hint of orange in sight! Just a healthy looking, natural glow. Next time I am not going to be afraid and stick plenty on!

6 comments:

  1. When it gets a bit sunnier, I'm definitely going to try this stuff! My legs are soooo pale it wouldn't be fair to have anyone looking at them! x

    GailyGumdrops

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this tan, it's so great for pale gals and sensitive skin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a very good tan! I can't believe it is so cheap. It's very well designed for Irish complexions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been loving it! Such a bargain! I love that it continues to develop after you wash it off xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grace, I'm just coming across your blog now for the first time. Thank you very much for such a lovely review. I'm delighted you like the product! M xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marissa, thanks for commenting! I have recommended this tan to everyone, it is absolutely perfect!

      Delete