Sunday, 10 March 2013

Look what I got! Urban Decay Glinda Palette


Well, I did it, I bought it! I saw it while I was out shopping yesterday and couldn't resist. Debenhams had 10% off all beauty products so it was £31.50.








It is very well presented, and so beautiful. My only criticism is that in the palette there is no space to put the lip colour, it just slots in inside the cardboard box as you can see.







These are my favourite shades, I think they look so unique and look so striking.







This is just a look that I tried which I followed from a Youtube tutorial. It is a little more dramatic that what I would usually wear, but I really do like it. The shades are very pigmented and very easy to blend out. I think Urban Decay must have changed their formula in recent years as I had an old palette of theirs and I threw it in the bin! I had read a lot of reviews saying there is quite a lot of fall out especially with the most glittery shades, the silver and the gold. But I really did not think it was that bad, in fact for me I noticed barely any fall out at all.
The eyeliner is fabulous, I love it - it is a lot darker on the eye than I expected - I used it on my lower lid. The lip colour is fine, very neutral but I think a more pink/peach shade would have been more suitable to include with this palette. It is nice to apply and it is kind of a lipstick/lipgloss combo. It is as pigmented as a lipstick but there is a little bit of stickiness to it.






I can't wait to try out more looks with this palette! I will post more when I do.

12 comments:

  1. That looks gorgeous. You have amazing eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh this pallet is beautiful! This look looks amazing on you! I can't wait to see more:) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This look is so nice! I really like the eyeshadows in the Glinda palette, but prefer the Theodora lip colour & eyeliner.. Its breaking my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone!! I am so excited to use this palette more, I have loads of ideas for different looks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those colours look gorgeous on you! It's such a lovely palette.
    Can't decide between Glinda and Theodora though!!

    toomanyfreckles.blogspot.ie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Theodora one looks so beautiful too, but I don't really suit brown shades so had to go with Glinda! They are so well presented, I can't get over it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, those colours are gorgeous on you. I rarely by palettes but so many people swear by them, I should look into getting some.



    http://www.theworldinmywardrobe.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did such a great job! Lovely colours that look so nice with your hair. Wish I could access Urban Decay stuff easily in Australia, because I would be all over this if I could. Thanks for the demonstration :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. argh i'm jealous, the palette is so pretty! i think i might have to find a way to get one for myself..onto the wishlist it goes!
    http://cloudsandcuticleoil.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks natasha! you should get it, it's lovely! :)

      Delete