Wednesday, 1 May 2013

Essence Volumizing Lash Powder


I saw this rather interesting product while I was shopping in Penneys at the weekend. I had heard about it before but never actually saw it at any Essence stands. It was only about €3.00 so thought I might as well get it to try it. You all probably know how much I love Essence anyway. 
I am not big on false lashes at all, I just cannot wear them. But I do love a full lash, so I would try anything in the hope of achieving that!


In the pot, it just looks like a ball of fluff. Upon closer inspection, it is actually tiny little fibres, I'd say about 1mm long! 
 The application process is you apply one coat of mascara, and while the mascara is still wet, brush the fibres onto your lashes, then apply another coat of mascara. It's all a little bit fiddly for me, but I got there in the end!
 This is no mascara on..
 This is 2 coats of mascara and the lash powder.


It actually has made a bit of a difference, and does give a kind of a false lash effect. I wouldn't have time to put this on every day, but it would be a nice touch to enhance your going out make up if you are like me and hate false eyelashes. You've got to be careful not to get any of the actual fibres in your eye. I wonder if this product is comparable to the ModelCo Fibre Lashes mascara. I have never tried it, but this Essence Volumizing Lash Powder may be a cheaper alternative or even if you just wanted to try it out before splashing out on the ModelCo.




4 comments:

  1. I've been looking for this for a while but can't seem to find it anywhere! Your lashes look amazing after it, def looks like your wearing lashes! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard about this before, will definitely go hunting for this at the weekend. Such a great price!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies! I got it when I was in Dublin, Penneys on Mary Street if that helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't seem to find this on any of the essence stands I know, which is such a pity as it looks like a really great product especially as I have such teeny tiny eyelashes.
    Great post
    xx

    ReplyDelete