Wednesday, 5 June 2013

Illamasqua Cream Blush - Dixie

I have certainly heard of the brand Illamasqua - mostly through Youtube. I don't think their products can be bought here but perhaps I am wrong. However, during their recent 50% discount offer, I made just one purchase. I am quite funny about buying make up online, I usually like to see and test the product first. But, how could you go wrong with a cream blush, right?






I love the packaging and the beautiful colour of this blush. There is a slight scent...it reminds me of chocolate! When I first swatched this product, I was kind of surprised as it feels a lot more "watery" than I expected and less creamy. To be honest, my first impression was that I was disappointed as I just blended this on my face with my fingers and it was barely visible, I had to go over it about 5 times for just a little hint of colour. I read a few blogs saying the best way to apply this is with a stippling brush, so that is what I did and I am now most impressed!


Using the stippling brush you have to be careful not to pick up too much product or you would look like a clown! I was just so used to applying cheaper cream blushes with a heavier texture using just my fingers. 

I found that Illamasqua were quite slow to process my order, though that may be because they had a lot more orders during the 50% discount offer. It arrived by courier in a very generous sized black box, very well packaged (and shipping was free too).

I am very happy with this lovely blush! Did anyone else get any Illamasqua products? What do you think of them? 

8 comments:

  1. I was going to place an order but the site kept crashing and i couldn't be bothered. That blush is a beautiful colour on you though, well worth the hassle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks gorgeous on you! Definitely agree with you about the watery consistancy though! Sickened I missed the 50% off! :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty shade, looks lovely on! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ladies! I really do love it now!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous shade on you. Love pinky blushes!! Never tried Illamasqua though. In the last pic is that like little water bits on the blush or just the texture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just the texture of it! I took that photo before I had even used it, it looks kinda messy now! lol

      Delete
  5. I didn't get any and I wish I had! So jealous of everyones hauls:) This colour is so well suited on ya, looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Audrey, I really love the colour of this blush!!

      Delete