Sunday, 16 June 2013

Inglot Products - my first impressions


I had never really heard of Inglot before, I came across their name while reading a few blogs but I genuinely did not know what they had to offer. I have actually heard that their eyeshadows are of a much better quality than MAC eyeshadows, and much cheaper too. Wow.

Well, at the recent Irish bloggers meetup, we were very kindly given two of the above products, the nail polish and the eye pigment. I couldn't leave without an eyeshadow palette too! Here is a closer look.


I was a bit apprehensive at using this polish as it is quite a Barbie pink, but I absolutely love how it looks on, and it applied like a dream! It is shade 817.



This is the eye pigment, in shade 42. This looks absolutely stunning, I have not actually used it yet - I think I am a little intimidated by it - but I think it would look amazing on!

Then, I chose three of their eyeshadows... I loved their Freedom system. You pick up a magnetic board and stick on whatever shades you want, and the girls at the counter will make up a palette for you. This is great as in the generic palettes that you buy, there is always a shade or two that you will not use!





Unfortunately I do not know the shade numbers of these! I was especially drawn to the orange shade, it's so beautiful!


Here I have blended the three shades together, but I cannot wait to see what I can do with the orange shade on its own! The other two colours I could definitely use every day. The eyeshadows were very silky to apply and blend, they were lovely to use and I definitely would like to try more. I'll have to get a bigger palette next time!

I don't think they show prices on their website, but for this 3x eyeshadow palette it cost €24. Their nail polish formula seems to be just superb, and I have fallen in love with their eyeshadows too. Next time I am in Dublin I will most definitely be stopping at the Inglot counter!



EDIT: I should probably add that several hours after the photo was taken of my eye make up, my eyes started feeling quite itchy. I removed the eyeshadow and I could see my eyelids looked a little swollen and red. My eyelids felt really sore and by that evening it looked like I had burns on my eyelids. I fear I am allergic to Inglot :( I was just starting to love this brand!

6 comments:

  1. I love the nail polish! I hope your eyelids are feeling better hun, such a pity!!:( xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got such a lovely palette but it's such a shame to hear you had a reaction! Maybe the pigment might be different? Hope your eyes recovered well x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thanks girls. well i tried wearing the shadows again, the two neutral shades i wore alone with no reaction. so yesterday i tried wearing all three shades again (i just love the orange one, i feel bad not using it!) & now i have come to the conclusion it is the glitter in the orange shade irritating my eyelids. eyes were very sore lastnight :( i guess no more glitter shadows for me!

      Delete
  3. Ah the eyeshadow looks so beautiful on! The nail polish is still good though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the nail polish is fab, it's one of the best i have ever used!

      Delete
  4. That nail polish is pretty as a picture!

    ReplyDelete