Sunday, 30 June 2013

MAC Prep & Prime Face Protect Protection SPF 50

Recently I got kind of freaked out about my skin and sun exposure. Now, I do not particularly like to be in the sun but many people do not actually realise the amount of sun damage to your skin from just going about your day-to-day life. A quick search led me to this product with a massive SPF 50. How could you go wrong with that?



This product cost me £22.00 from Debenhams. It seems quite expensive but it will last me a good few months. I did not really know what to expect from this product, I don't think it is as much of a primer as it is for protection only, but that doesn't matter to me. You could use your own primer over this.


It's a squeeze tube so I was careful not to squirt out too much. I love the packaging, it was hard to photograph but it's black with green glitter! (Reminds me of "Wicked").  Anyway, pumped out you can see it just looks like a regular moisturising product. But I felt it was more oily than a regular moisturiser. Still, I applied it onto my face and it absorbed pretty much instantly. There is no greasy feel and it is completely invisible.

This is an oil absorbing primer (I can't really comment as I do not have oily skin though) and my make up lasts pretty much all day with this. If you like more silicone-y primers then you can use one after using this, as the instructions suggest to use more Prep & Prime products in addition to this. I would like to know how this product alone holds my makeup in hotter weather.

This is a hard product to review as I bought it purely for the SPF 50. I wouldn't tell you all to rush out and buy it, it's great - but it is the highest SPF I have ever came across, and now even if I am not going to wear makeup, I would stick a bit of this on in the morning. I am becoming oh so vigilant now with regard to sun protection! Don't want wrinkles!

EDIT - Well after the recent heatwave in Ireland I can now confirm that this product is simply incredible! Not only did it preserve my makeup throughout the day (and the heat), it was great knowing you had that extra protection on your face too. I have now made a pact that I will never be without this product, especially during summer months!

4 comments:

  1. I’ve been hearing so much about this product, sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is fab, I definitely recommend it!

      Delete
  2. SPF 50 sounds brilliant! I won some Elave moisturiser in a giveaway recently and it has SPF 45, I've been wearing it religiously since I got it, I really don't want any sun damage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great, especially if it can withstand the heat!! I'll have to check this product out!

    ReplyDelete