Sunday, 9 June 2013

NYC Foil Explosion Nail Polishes


Recently I attended an Irish Beauty Blogger meetup in Dublin. It was so great to meet everyone and finally put faces to names. We each got a goodie bag and I was so shocked and excited to see these lovely polishes! If you don't know already, NYC are my favourite nail polish brand.


 011 Power of Elements

 012 Enchanting Fire


 014 Magic Earth

 013 Aqua Mystic

 010 Pure Air

Aren't they stunning? I actually have never seen a nail polish look quite so beautiful in the bottle. And all the colours are fab, there is not one that I wouldn't wear. 

They are a little tricky to apply, as are most metallic shades. They could look streaky very easily, in particular the orange shade "Pure Air" was rather difficult to apply - as you can probably see in my photo! It was a little gloopy, but with a little more time and care taken I am sure it could be applied a lot better than in this photo! 

I actually did not expect the light blue and light pink to look so good on the nail! All these shades are going to be perfect for summer - very eye catching and fresh.

These nail polishes retail at £1.99 each - they are a bargain!

7 comments:

  1. The blue shade looks really nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's my fave too! Though they are all lovely!

      Delete
  2. I really love these shades, the pure air one eneded up being my fave though you're right it defintely is harder to apply and not a one coater!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes for some reason it is more difficult to apply than the others, it's a lovely colour I just can't get it right on my nails!

      Delete
  3. Whats the shade on your little finger, looks gorgeous!
    wearmeoutx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the dark pink colour - Enchanting Fire! It's really nice!

      Delete
  4. oh so pretty, I'm so surprised how well the colours turned out and for that bargain price, its almost too good to be true :) I love the purple and the blue..I'm like a magpie and love all shiny things..I will have to hunt these down..and I LOVE your header too (just thought I'd say that too) :) x

    ReplyDelete