Wednesday, 24 July 2013

ArtDeco Eyeshadow Base

I had been on the lookout for a good eyeshadow base and several fellow bloggers recommended I check out this ArtDeco one. I got it on BeautyBay.com for an amazing £8.00 (for a 5ml pot). OK so far it is not all that expensive so I am impressed! BeautyBay dispatched my order quite quickly and I had my eyeshadow base a couple of days after ordering.





I have been wearing this almost every day under my eyeshadows since I got it, and it has not given me any problems. My eyeshadow is definitely staying on all day and not creasing, which is what I wanted. The product itself feels a little sticky initially, it is quite thick and almost creamy. You can see that it is a neutral shade that I think would suit most skin tones. It is a little shimmery, but it is barely noticeable and you cannot see the shimmer at all when you apply your eyeshadow over this. 

The only thing I did not like was the smell! It is awful! It kind of smells like men's aftershave. It is the only off-putting thing about putting this on your eyelids. Couldn't they have made it to have a nice floral scent or something? Or better yet no scent at all? 

Overall though I do really like this product and it is definitely great at prolonging my eyeshadows. 

I hope you liked this review! Let me know if you have tried this Artdeco Eyeshadow Base!

4 comments:

  1. Haven't tried this but love an increasing amount of ARTDECO stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, my Artdeco collection is certainly growing!!!

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear beautybay are a bit faster at posting non-nail polish stuff, I waited 32 days for my last order! This isn't a brand I've tried but I have seen a lot of good reviews on this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my goodness! did it take them long to dispatch your order or was it the shipping time that took ages? I live in northern ireland so i am kind of lucky in that shipping from sites like these is the same as the UK.

      Delete