Saturday, 10 August 2013

Battle of the Lip Balms!


Lately I have become shall we say obsessed with lip balms? I carry several around with me daily and apply them liberally (and unnecessarily). I love the feeling when you first apply the balm to your lips and you can feel it there, so I probably apply my lipbalms a lot more often than normal! Burt's Bees has been a favourite of mine for a few months, but after acquiring an EOS lipbalm (which I have wanted forever!) and finally getting my hands on Baby Lips, I thought I would put them all to the test to see which one came out on top!


Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm - £3.49 - (4.25g)

I love this lipbalm and keep one on my desk at work. It is not tinted. It smells so very natural, it is definitely a true honey scent. I can imagine that some people would not like the scent of it. The balm itself is unremarkable, I suppose it is a little bit on the waxy side. The little tube is very slim and petite.
I applied this one liberally, and I found that after about 40 minutes the feeling of the balm had disappeared. 





EOS Lip Balm "Strawberry Sorbet"  - £5.99 (7g)

I have wanted one of these lipbalms for so long! They are so unique in their packaging, it is like an egg shape with a screw off top. The balm itself is a large dome. The scent of this one is lovely. It smells like strawberry bubble gum. But is the packaging just a gimmick? I could not believe how soft this balm is when I first tried it. It feels so good to wear and it applies well. I got 50 minutes before the "balm" feeling had worn off. It is also worth noting how much product you get in this one compared to the others.




Maybelline Baby Lips "Cherry Me" - £2.99 (4g)

Ah the much coveted Baby Lips! Finally they have made their way over here. I chose the shade Cherry Me because I kind of like tinted lip balms a lot more and I thought this shade would be best on me. The packaging on this one is very sturdy and chunky. The balm itself is very soft and not dissimilar to the texture of the EOS. The scent of this one is just amazing! It smells like cherry sweets. I applied this and I absolutely adored the colour on my lips, the texture and that sweet smell! However - after only 20 minutes I was reaching for the lipbalm because it just didn't last that long on me!



So now I have to decide which one I like best! My winner is..... EOS! I just feel that for the price, the amount of product you get, the lovely scent and of course the balm itself which is super soft and hydrating. Plus the packaging is cute and unique!

I must admit I was a little disappointed that Baby Lips did not have any staying power, however I absolutely do adore it, especially for the cherry scent and lovely tint on your lips. I have been wearing this one all day today and it really is lovely, very good price too.

So I think Burt's Bees is going to take a back seat for a while! It just does not feel as soft and nourishing as the other two balms.

So there you have it! Have you tried any of these lip balms? Let me know what you think!

8 comments:

  1. The strawberry sorbet looks gorgeous -and delicious! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big fan of the Burts Bees and tend to just stick with it or my NUXE balm for something more moisturising!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh i've never tried NUXE I'll have to give it a go!

      Delete
  3. I've tried EOS and Baby Lips, I like Baby Lips at the minute but I don't think anything will ever tear me away from my beloved Vichy Aqualia Thermal Repair lip balm - the stuff is a little stick of magic for dry or damaged lips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried Vichy before! I must look into that one! :)

      Delete
  4. Ah you got the Eos it's fab isn't it! I think I probably will cave and get baby lips, I have the Burts bees too! Really don't need anymore lip balm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am easily persuaded! :) But I really love the EOS!

      Delete