Sunday, 18 August 2013

Hair Care!

This is my first hair care post! I thought it might be fun to write about how I look after it and what products I use. I'll talk a little about my hair first. My hair is quite long and thick. I get it coloured every 5-6 weeks in the salon (I really don't know what colour they use though! It is pure copper though). I find my hair grows very quickly and I hate my roots (and now greys!) showing! My hair gets greasy quite quickly, I wash my hair every 3 days, which is amazing now since I used to wash it every evening! With every wash my hair colour fades so I really have tried to reduce washing as much as I can.
Here are the products I use...


Now I am a low maintenance kind of girl, and I really don't use many hair products. I don't style my hair very often, when I wash my hair, I will blow dry it and straighten it usually, and that will be it until the next time I wash!

I use Kerastase Bain Exfoliant Purifiant shampoo always. It is my holy grail shampoo. I know it is a little expensive at around £15.00 per bottle, but it really is the only thing that works for me. As much as I love my hair colour, dying my hair has made my scalp unbelievably dry and have really bad dandruff too. It was highly embarrassing for me and I was so self conscious about it. After trying every single anti-dandruff shampoo under the sun, my hairdresser recommended this to me and I have never looked back. The shampoo has little exfoliating beads in it, and really works incredibly well to combat dandruff. If I stop using this, my dandruff will just come straight back. It's so effective for me. If you have dry scalp or dandruff issues I highly recommend you check this out!

I use a lot of conditioner, so I can't really afford to buy an expensive conditioner. I actually got this Argan Oil conditioner in the pound shop. If I didn't use plenty of conditioner, my hair would be quite flyaway which I hate! I stick plenty of this conditioner on the ends and really work it through my hair and rinse out. It's quite a good conditioner which is surprising since it was so cheap. It smells really good too!

I discovered this Schwarzkopf thermo protect cream on BeautyBay. I thought it was perfect for me as it is designed for coloured hair too. It is absolutely amazing! The smell is just indescribable, so nice and fruity. I put this through my wet hair before drying, and I have to say, my hair feels so much more healthier since I started using it. I never really paid attention to heat protecting products before - oops! Now I really want to make the effort. I know it's called "Colour Freeze" but it didn't really do much to retain my colour at all. Doesn't matter, I still really like this cream.

Ahh my pink Tangle Teezer. I have a love/hate relationship with this. I read so many amazing reviews about these hairbrushes, I had to get one for myself. I disposed of my 10 year old hairbrush (ugh!) and finally picked up a Tangle Teezer for myself. My hair is so long, I don't have any layers cut it so it's all one length and it tends to get tatty kind of quickly. I have to say I really have to work with this hairbrush. It doesn't actually get through the tats as well as I imagined it would. I feel like the brush doesn't actually get through my whole hair. I want to love this brush so much, I really adore the shape of it and the design, and I am growing to like it. It just wasn't love at first sight (or brush!)

So that is my hair care...sorry if I rambled on a little! I didn't realise how long this post would turn out. Anyway, I hope that this may have been enjoyable to someone to read, ha! If you've tried any of these products let me know!

3 comments:

  1. I really like the sound of that shwarskopf product, really need to start paying more attention to heat protection.... Would be lost without my tangle teezer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Audrey, it is a very good heat protector! I can really see a huge difference in the condition of my hair! The tangle teezer I am slowly growing to like... perhaps I just have too much hair!

      Delete
  2. nice post on hair care
    I love the style of blogging here on ziegfeldgirlbeauty.blogspot.com
    you see, there are 2 blogs that i've found so far to be very helpful and have something interesting for me whenever i visit, this one and http://danieluyi.com
    Keep up the good work you're doing here.

    ReplyDelete