Tuesday, 17 September 2013

Green Smokey Eye



Hi everyone! I was so inspired when I took out my palette collection to photograph them for the post below, when I rediscovered my Kat von D "Ludwig" Palette. I remember at the time choosing this palette for the green shades alone. I adore them so much! Anyway I thought I would put together a green kind of smokey eye look for you. Here are the products I used ...


Firstly I used the Art Deco eyeshadow base, which is absolutely brilliant and will make the eyeshadow stay all day. I used my Art Deco dip eyeliner for my lash line, Lancome Le Crayon Kohl for my waterline, and my beloved Lancome Hypnose Star mascara, which is on its last legs unfortunately!
Here are the eyeshadows that I used...

I used the light green all over the lid, the dark green in the crease, the black in the outer corner, and the white in the inner corner and on the brow bone.



I am really pleased how it turned out, considering the eyeshadow brushes I have at the moment are absolutely rubbish. Here's hoping I'll have a Real Techniques set by the weekend :) 
I love this look, even though green doesn't exactly compliment blue eyes I still think it looks really nice. I wore this all day on Sunday and by that night it was still looking great. The Kat von D eyeshadows are amazing quality. That reminds me, I wish we had Sephora over here! 

Have a great day! :) 

8 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty makeup look! I'd never be able to pull off a green smokey eye, but it looks great on you x

    www.crazylins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anya, I bet it would look fab on you! :)

      Delete
  2. Really pretty colour and would wow with your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful look, that palette is stunning x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, it's a brilliant palette & i love it!

      Delete