Monday, 30 September 2013

My Blush Collection!


I do love a nice blush on my cheeks. These are the products I currently have in my collection. I have tried many over the years but you will notice they are all of a similar colour. I have definitely found the shade that I think suits me and that I wear every day. So here is what I have...

 Catrice - "Gone With the Wind" 
This is from the Catrice Fabulous 40s collection, named after my favourite novel/film of all time! It is a pinky, corally shade that I love. It is matte too. I absolutely adore this one, I wore it quite a lot during summer and I think it is the most natural, flattering shade.

 Illamasqua Cream Blush "Dixie"
I got this in the 50% off sale Illamasqua had a few months ago. It was purely an impulse buy to try something by Illamasqua and only pay half the price. Their cream blushes were recommended to me and I chose this shade as it is just very "me". At first I was kind of disappointed by it, then I started using it with my Real Techniques stippling brush which I think is the best way to apply it. I think this is brilliant, it is currently my only cream blush and this is the one which I use pretty much every day as it is so quick and easy to apply while I'm getting ready for work!


 No.7 "Soft Damson"
I got this one in a goodie bag at the recent Cocoa Brown Afternoon Tea. I was a little apprehensive as the shade has kind of a lilac tone to it, which is not something I would usually wear. I find this one looks best when I am not wearing fake tan and have paler skin. It turns out a very pale pink colour and looks so sweet. It feels so silky soft too.


 Benefit "Hervana"
This once well loved blush has been neglected in my make up drawer for I'd say close to a year. I used to love Benefit cosmetics. I don't really anymore. This blush cost me over £20.00 and while it is nice it is definitely not worth the money. I loved it for its peachy tones but it is definitely not something I would repurchase in the future.


Lancome Blush Subtil "Nectar Lace"
I think I have saved the best for last! This is the pride and joy of all of my blushes. This one is a real standout. This blush is the most corally, shimmery blush ever and I adore it. I try to only use this one I guess on special occasions or if I am going somewhere nice. I don't consider this an everyday blush. It looks fantastic on and the contour and highlight shades are fabulous too.


How many blushes do you have in your collection? Which one is your favourite?

2 comments:

  1. I have quite a few of these and love them too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Rimmel Match Perfection blusher in medium is a dupe of the Benefit. Way cheaper and often on 3 for 2 in Boots.

    ReplyDelete