Saturday, 7 September 2013

My New Skincare Routine - featuring Clarins


I am a low maintenance kind of girl. Truth be told, I didn't have much of a skincare routine before. So long as my make up was taken off and some kind of moisturiser was applied! But lately, I don't know if it is because I will soon turn the big quarter-century in a couple of weeks, but I have noticed my skin starting to not look in very good shape and I have been feeling completely paranoid about it. I especially hate my under-eye area.

Anyways, a quick trip to the Clarins counter and this is what I came out with....



I wanted the Clarins eye make up remover as I really need something gentle to remove eye make up so as I'm not rubbing the skin around there too much. I got a sample of the Lancome eye make up remover which is more or less the same as this. In fact I'd say the Clarins one is nicer. Just give it a little shake so the oil and water layers mix together, put a small amount on a cotton pad, and literally one swipe and your eye make up is gone. It is brilliant!

I asked the lady at the Clarins counter what would be the best cleanser for me. My skin is neither dry nor oily, but it is just kind of dull and lifeless. She recommended this One Step Cleanser with orange extract. Now I was a little apprehensive as I thought a water type cleanser would be drying on the skin, but she assured me it wouldn't. Similar to the eye make up remover, it has an oil and water layer so you give it a good shake and use it on cotton pads to remove your make up. The idea is that you don't have to do anything else, which is brilliant for me as I really can't be bothered with anything else! I soak a cotton pad with this, and go over my entire face until all my make up is gone. I will then dispense a tiny amount onto a second cotton pad just to go over my face again "just incase".

It does leave a kind of oily residue on your face, which I think is quite nice although I think some people would dislike it. It says on the bottle that there is no need to rinse this cleanser off, though. My skin honestly has never looked or felt better since I started using this cleanser!

So I needed a moisturiser and I already knew I wanted the Daily Energiser Cream! I really liked the sound of it! You can get this in a gel form too, but I thought the cream would be better for me. It's quite a luxurious cream, lovely citrusy scent and a great accompaniment to the One Step Cleanser. I really only use a tiny amount of this and massage it well into the skin.

So I have been using these products every night for two weeks. I have never spent this much money on skincare before! I really cannot get over the quality of them. I think Clarins may be my new favourite brand! So far so good, my skin is looking a little more radiant and regenerated - which is exactly what I wanted! The only thing I need now is the ultimate eye cream to tackle my eye bags!!



I also got a lovely Clarins bag with some samples in them - including the above skincare products so I now have a great range of stuff to try! Maybe I'll become addicted to skincare instead of make up! ha!

4 comments:

  1. i'm sure your skin looks fine grace :) just a little paranoia. I'm the same with my make up remover , second time just in case haha.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thanks jess :) still, it's time to take better care of it!

      Delete
  2. Amazing, I love Clarins skincare x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the one-step cleanser and I have to say I'm a bit unimpressed with it, there's nothing wrong with it but it's just not great either. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose!

    ReplyDelete