Monday, 23 September 2013

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Review


I had seen this product pop up on several different blogs in recent weeks. From what I read, everyone seemed to adore this stuff so naturally I had to try it for myself. I think it was around £3.50 from Superdrug. I love the Palmer's exfoliator, and I remember trying the cocoa butter lotion years ago and liking it. The smell is just divine. So, can't go wrong with trying this!


Now I know what you are thinking, this looks like a tub of fat or grease. That's what I thought, and essentially it is true. It is like a thick grease that melts when it touches your skin. I rubbed a little into my hands when I first got it and quite liked it. It left my hands feeling a little greasy and I had to wipe it off my fingers and palms because I didn't want to get it everywhere! It is a real barrier cream! But, I did still kind of like it and think it would be good if you wanted to give your skin a treat because it feels really nourishing.


So later on that night after I had a shower, I used this all over as I would a regular body lotion. I felt disgusting! I was slipping and sliding everywhere, covered in grease! The lesson is to use this sparingly. I have restricted this product to use only on my hands and feet, knees and elbows. I wouldn't recommend using it all over!

I do really like this stuff, perhaps because I am addicted to the smell! But as it is so rich, I do feel like it would do your skin a lot of good. I  just wish it wasn't so greasy!

6 comments:

  1. I love this stuff but it's definitely a use sparingly product, a little goes a long way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also learnt about the greasiness of this product the hard way!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like this at all, but I do love the one they have in the pump-top bottle, it's really nice and not half as greasy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to have to get that one then :) x

      Delete