Tuesday, 10 September 2013

Sixties styling!

I absolutely adore the 1960s. I wish I could have experienced it! A lot of my favourite music is from the 1960s and I think the hair styles and make up looks were really fantastic. So, I thought I'd try and recreate a very 1960s look. I hope you enjoy!

 The dress is by Yumi, I got it in the House of Fraser sale for an amazing £14.00. I absolutely love the style and print of this dress. It is very typical of the 1960s so I really couldn't resist! I think it looks nice with these shoes I have from New Look, I got them about 3 years ago. They are black patent and have a lovely small heel! I'm not really sure what bag I would use, I suppose any sort of clutch bag would look great!



The hair and make up was my favourite part about this look! I used my trusty backcomb brush and a few bobby pins for the hair, it really only took about 5 minutes to do. For the eye make up, I didn't want to do the very severe cut crease that was fashionable in the 1960s. I have tried it and it just looks ridiculous on me. So I used my Kat Von D "Ludwig" eyeshadow palette and used the darkest shades from there. I never usually wear my eye make up this dark but I really like this and I am so pleased with how it turned out! My lipstick is an MUA one, I can't believe they only cost £1!!



My style icon from the 1960s is definitely Lulu. I love all the cute dresses she wore, and her hair is pretty fabulous too!


Do you like the 1960s style?

6 comments:

  1. The dress is lovely, it goes beautifully with your red hair. You've got a fab figure too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look, it's so 60's but extremely wearable at the same time! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! i will definitely be wearing this outfit next time i go out!

      Delete
  3. Your dress is absolutely gorgeous on you, such a bargain too! You have gorgeous hair, makeup is fantastic too x

    ReplyDelete