Monday, 7 October 2013

Why oh Why did I snub this palette for so long?!



I never used to wear neutral shades on my eyes. I was of the opinion that brown toned shades did not flatter blue eyes so I stuck mostly to greys, purples and pinky shades. There has been so much hype over the Urban Decay Naked palette, I used to think "pah, why would I want 12 shades of brown?!" which I know is kind of an ignorant thing since I knew nothing about the Naked palette anyway.

But lately...I have really experimented and I do enjoy wearing a neutral eye makeup. I don't really have many neutral shades in my collection though. I was searching for a great palette but kept coming back to the Naked palette. I don't know why I thought there were just brown shades in here. There are creams, pinks, purples, golds, greys. It is everything you could ever want in a palette.



I chose the original Naked palette because I felt it had the most variety of colours. I looked at the Naked 2 but I felt there were a lot of shades within the palette that were very similar.

Naked does of course come with a sample of Primer Potion and a flat eyeshadow brush. The Primer Potion is quite good but the consistency feels a lot thinner than my ArtDeco eyeshadow base which I love. I still prefer the ArtDeco.

The flat eyeshadow brush is kind of stiff and I don't think it picks up and disburses the eyeshadows as nice as my Real Techniques brushes do.

Most of the eyeshadows are shimmery which is really nice and any neutral look you create with these can never look boring! My opinion has totally changed and I am delighted with this palette. The packaging it quite sturdy and classic looking. The quality of the shadows is second to none.

Here is just a little look I created using the shades Naked, Sidecar, Buck, Darkhorse and Virgin.




I never used to like the brand Urban Decay but I have no doubt that their eyeshadows are of a superior quality and they really present their products well. I would love to try more from the Naked range, like the Shimmering Powder and of course the nail polishes!

13 comments:

  1. OMG your eyes look gorgeous!! I love this kind of neutral shades, but I don't know how to apply them.. I should see some youtube tutorials and try it! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Raquel, look at youtube, tutorials have helped me a lot!

      Delete
  2. Ah here, for years I wouldn't touch a brown... now its all I wear, so I know where your coming from

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to hear I am not the only one!

      Delete
  3. I love this pallet and the look you did is gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Avril I am absolutely loving this palette!

      Delete
  4. Looks beautiful on you! I'm a big fan of this palette too, the colours are stunning in it. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chloe, I have to say I am majorly impressed with this palette! Now I understand all the hype!

      Delete
  5. This is my favorite palette I own! Completely agree about it having a wider range of colors then naked 2 - I have all of them (1,2 & basics) but 1 is my go to :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you agree Sarah! Each shade is beautiful and so versatile!

      Delete
  6. I still stand by my Naked palette being one of my best makeup investments ever! I always go back to this one no matter how many palettes I buy. Enjoyyy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found your blog on boards.ie and I've been having a read through your posts :) I feel the exact same about the Naked 2, I mean I do own it but I use the Naked 1 was so much more! Looking forward to reading more of your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, thank you, that really means a lot! :)

      Delete