Sunday, 10 November 2013

ELF Mini Haul!



Taking advantage of their recent 50% off code, I thought I would pick up a few things from ELF. I have never tried this brand before so I didn't want to go too overboard buying stuff incase I didn't like it. Here's what I got...





Jumbo Lip Gloss Sticks in (L-R) Tiki Torches, Flirty & Girly, Movie Star -
The only one of these I have used so far is Movie Star. I have to say the MUA Power Pouts are much better than these. They are not really that pigmented and they wear off in a very patchy fashion which is not a good look. I didn't realise Tiki Torches & Flirty and Girly were so shimmery. I'm not sure how I feel about wearing shimmery, glittery things on my lips but sure I will give it a go and see how I like it.



 elf Studio Translucent Powder - I am really impressed with the packaging of this. It is quite sturdy with a brilliant size mirror. I will definitely carry this one in my handbag for touch-ups on the go. I haven't used this yet so cannot comment on the actual product!


Total Face Brush and Kabuki Face Brush - Two things that I didn't have in my collection, a decent sized powder brush and a kabuki brush so I can use with bronzer and the likes. The Total Face Brush bristles are very rough and aren't too pleasant to use on your face. The kabuki brush on the other hand is so super soft and I love using it! It doesn't hold too much product which is good as I can build up my bronzer to my liking.


elf Nail block - This is kind of a random purchase but it's something I have been meaning to get for a while as my nails are in kind of bad condition. I just used this once lastnight and I cannot believe the difference! My nails are now super smooth with no more nasty ridges!


Overall I am happy with my purchases. I am disappointed with the lip gloss sticks though, their quality just is not as good as I expected. But they didn't exactly break the bank and I am glad I availed of the 50% offer to try a little bit of elf. I definitely would buy more of their products!

Did anyone else make any elf purchases?

12 comments:

  1. I've had a bad experience with the majority of ELF products i've purchased except the shimmer/highlight palette. PIty about the jumpo lipglosses, when i saw them in the pic i was intrigued ): x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just checked out the shimmer palette, it looks great! I wish I got it and the corrective concealer palette too! x

      Delete
  2. I've never tried anything from ELF, definitely worth trying out when it's 50% off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah! hopefully they will do that offer again some time!

      Delete
  3. I was contemplating buying some of those glass sticks actually! I think you've saved me some money! Their eye-shadow blending brushes are good though. I have loads of them because they're cheap and it saves me washing brushes all the time! I am so lazy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha thats a good idea actually! I will definitely have to get more of their brushes!

      Delete
  4. Love the look of that Kabuki brush!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is excellent! Super quality for such a cheap brush!

      Delete
  5. For ELF I think you really need to just buy from their studio line (that's where the kabuki brush is from) because non studio is a bit useless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are right! my top picks of the stuff i bought are the kabuki brush and powder, and they are elf studio! i will def stay away from non studio stuff!

      Delete
  6. I’m still waiting on my delivery!! Can’t wait, I love their chubby sticks!

    ReplyDelete