Saturday, 16 November 2013

Review - Cocoa Brown Chocolate Whip Oil-Free Body Moisturiser



I was absolutely delighted when this little beauty landed on my doorstep a couple of weeks ago. I really wanted to put this product through its paces before reviewing it! I wanted to use it during tanning application and afterwards to help prolong my tan too.

My first impressions were that the tube was a nice, generous size and when I squeezed a bit onto my hand...oh my god, that beautiful smell! It features of course Cocoa Brown's signature scent of Tahitian Gardenia but with a chocolate twist. It is simply divine, I have never smelled a more pleasant body lotion.

I firstly applied this to my elbows, hands, knees and feet just prior to applying my Cocoa Brown 1 Hour Tan. The lotion is of a nice creamy texture, though not too thick. The tan applied really well and I was not left with any dark patches. The following evening, I applied this all over in order to help to prolong my tan. As this lotion is oil free, I felt it absorbed into my skin a lot quicker than regular lotions, which is perfect for me now at this time of year, it's too cold to run around feeling all sticky with moisturiser!

I applied this lotion all over for a full week after I applied my tan, and I am most impressed with the results. Although my tan had faded a little, the lotion definitely helped to prolong it and it had faded in a very even manner and I was not left with any patchy tan on me! This really is  a wonder product in my opinion. I will never fake tan again without this moisturiser!

This moisturiser is by far, the most effective I have ever came across. It ticks all the boxes and it does exactly what it says. I would also enjoy using this product alone, even if I was not wearing any tan but just because I am also addicted to the scent, and my skin feels so nice and beautifully moisturised afterward.

I would love to see a tinted version of this moisturiser! The same consistency, the same beautiful scent but one which gives us a subtle glow. That would be awesome!

5 comments:

  1. haven't used this with the fake tan yet but just alone it's so fab. a tinted version would be incredible.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it would be awesome! and i love using this alone too, it's great!

      Delete
  2. I don't use Cocoa Brown but it's a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i never used to wear tan until i discovered cocoa brown, now i'm an addict!

      Delete
  3. Oh I can just imagine the scent. Seems lovely. x

    Živa from Nothin' Fancy. Really.

    ReplyDelete