Sunday, 1 December 2013

a very WICKED day!

So after months and months of waiting, today was finally the day that I got to see Wicked for the very first time. I am very much acquainted with the soundtrack though, and watched many sneaky Youtube vids, but nothing is quite like seeing it in person and sitting with an audience who is laughing, cheering, applauding, crying.....or maybe that was just me!


For those who do not know, Wicked began its 9 week run at the Bord Gais Energy Theatre this week. The BGE Theatre is an amazing theatre and the perfect venue for the likes of this show. I have been here several times for different show but I have never been as blown away as I was today seeing Wicked.

I am a long time Wizard of Oz fan, I mean properly obsessed. I know every little detail of that book and 1939 film. Normally I do not usually like prequels or sequels (Return to Oz, anybody?) but I think the plot of Wicked is so cleverly put together that it ties in with the original Wonderful Wizard of Oz.

I travelled down to Dublin with my niece and we hit the shops for a while (I of course self gifted and made a cheeky Chanel purchase...) and we hit up Eddie Rockets which is out favourite place for food when we are in Dublin. For the occasion, I wore my Wicked nail polish which my sister's friend kindly sent over from America. If you would like me to review these properly then please let me know.



Right now I am pretty exhausted and unfortunately another week beckons us...I don't think I am ready for Monday morning yet!! :(




3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the matching mani! So pretty. Can't wait to see it myself after Xmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! I'm actually going to see it after Christmas! It was really overwhelming...I have never seen a show like it!

      Delete