Thursday, 23 January 2014

Clinique Party Tips - Nail Polish Trio Gift Set


I received this lovely box as a Christmas present. I have never used Clinique polishes before but even the presentation and the packaging of this box is just very fancy!


Inside the box is this cute little bag, with the three nail polishes inside. The nail polishes are petite 5ml bottles, they are absolutely adorable and the shades are second to none.


L-R - Black Honey, Strappy Sandals, Polished Amethyst


This is Black Honey. I absolutely adore this colour.... it is the most beautiful, deep, aubergine colour. Application is just like a dream. The polish is a cream texture and feels so smooth on your nails. I have used three light coats here. I haven't worn dark nail polishes for years and years. This one has really taken me by surprise and I love it. I think this is my favourite colour of the trio!


And here is Polished Amethyst with Strappy Sandals as an accent nail. Polished Amethyst is the most beautiful, fuchsia pink nail polish ever. It is almost iridescent. It's not really shimmery, but it has a glossy kind of metallic sheen. That is probably the worst description ever! But I really do love this colour. It was a dream to apply too, it is almost a one-coater but I applied two coats to give the colour a bit of extra depth.

Strappy Sandals is an incredibly shimmery, metallic silver. This one would have a frost finish. It could apply in quite a streaky fashion if you aren't careful. The consistency of the polish is very lightweight and a bit runnier compared to the others. Again I used two coats here. This polish is the most long-wearing of the trio!



I am very impressed with Clinique polishes. Apparently they are designed for sensitive skin. I can't vouch for this as I don't have sensitive skin and can wear anything on my nails. But colour wise, and texture wise, they are absolutely brilliant! As for wear, I got a good three or four days out of them before they started chipping. These colours are absolutely gorgeous, especially for this time of year. The standout in this collection for me is Black Honey.

What do you think of these nail polishes?

No comments:

Post a Comment