Sunday, 26 January 2014

Lancome Rouge in Love Lipstick - "Midnight Rose"



I got this lovely lipstick for Christmas and I am so happy with it. When I was younger, I used to wear red lipsticks all the time but now something has changed...the idea of wearing a bold lip now terrifies me and there are so many beautiful lipsticks out there. I really want to change my ways and get back into wearing beautiful lip colours rather than just plain glosses.


I think over the last few months, Lancome has become my favourite brand and I am certainly not disappointed with this lipstick. I think the packaging is too cute. The tube is so petite, and I think looks very unusual. After reading a few reviews of the Rouge in Love lipsticks, I notice a few people saying that the packaging is disappointing and not really a luxurious style for Lancome. I personally think it is fun and stylish.



This shade "Midnight Rose" is a beautiful, deep pink. I think it almost has purplish tones. Now that I have red hair, I didn't want to choose a red lipstick for fear they would clash! I thought this would be a lovely shade and one that could be worn daytime or nighttime.


 The above swatch was just one swipe of the lipstick! This lipstick glides on beautifully. It is not a silky, glossy lipstick which I feel move around the lips a lot and before you know it all traces of colour are gone. This is a fairly matte lipstick but the texture is quite creamy. It's definitely not drying on the lips.

Lancome boast that these lipsticks have a 6-hour wear time. Normally I would brush off these claims, because I know it is kind of difficult (and a pain) to maintain a bold lip colour throughout the day, especially if you are eating or drinking. But let me tell you, this little beauty surprised me! I don't know about 6 solid hours, I had to touch up a little after eating/drinking. But amazingly, this lipstick stays on and does not fade in a crazy way. There was always colour on my lips. None of the dreaded "liner effect"! This lipstick has I think industrial strength staying power!

These lipsticks are kind of expensive (£21.00). I don't really think it is a "must-have" item but it is an exceptionally good lipstick, probably the best I have ever owned. I feel really glamorous when I am wearing it! Now if only I could look like Emma Watson too! That would be great!

Give these a little swatch next time you are at a Lancome counter. They have an incredible range of shades, but for me it was the lasting power for which I was most impressed.




7 comments:

  1. That shade is beautiful!! I have a mini one of these that I got in a set at Christmas but I still haven't used it, cant wait to try it now! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this colour would really suit you chloe! x

      Delete
  2. These are probably the nicest lipsticks I've ever tried, think they're fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they really are! i am so impressed with this!!

      Delete
  3. Your review makes me regret I didn't pick up the one I've been eyeing for some time now at work - the perfect muted osy red, but then I might have to check out this shade as well - and change my mind. It looks lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try it, it is without a doubt the best lipstick I've ever tried!

      Delete
  4. Its a beautiful colour! So pigmented to! :)

    ReplyDelete