Sunday, 19 January 2014

MAC Treats - Veluxe Pearlfusion Pinkluxe and Face and Body



I am really not familiar with MAC stuff at all. I only have a couple of eyeshadows, and I used the Prep & Prime protection over the summer and really loved it.

I spent the day in Dublin yesterday and while wandering around Brown Thomas I just decided feck it, I'm going to treat myself to a couple of MAC bits. Perfect cure for the January blues!

I definitely wanted a new foundation. I currently use IsaDora Wake Up Makeup most days and my Lancome Teint Idole when I want to be more "done up". I don't like BB creams but wanted a very lightweight, sheer foundation. So, Face and Body seems like it fits the bill!



MAC shades confuse me. This is the shade N1. It suits me fine. Out of interest I tested the other shades and was surprised at how either yellow toned or pink toned they were. 
The consistency is very fluid like. It is really kind of watery. The blob that I put on my hand for this photo was way too much! A tiny bit will go a long way. It gives a lovely, luminous effect to your skin and I think it makes me look really healthy! (Today I feel like death, thanks to this nobody would know!)

The only thing I really dislike is the smell! It is horrid! I can't even describe what it is like, but it's not a nice perfumey scent, it's more like...glue or something!


After reading about these lovely palettes on many blogs, and lusting after them for many months, I really couldn't resist picking one up for myself. I chose Pinkluxe because I really felt it suited me the best. The blue one and the green one were so beautiful and striking, but I would definitely get more wear out of this palette. And the shades are really remarkable. Pinky eyeshadows are my favourite, but I have never seen shades like these before, ever.


My absolute favourite is the second from the bottom. It is just incredible!


So far I have only used these shadows dry. Apparently when applied with a wet brush they transform into pure shimmery, metallic shades. I would definitely apply them this way for an evening look, but for day to day I love the sheer, shimmery colours. They are just perfect! 


Texture wise, I haven't used anything like them. They aren't powder, but they are more like a very light cream shadow. They are actually quite easy to blend out and to apply. After wearing them today I can see that they don't have the best longevity, despite me using my beloved ArtDeco eyeshadow base which I swear by.

I am really happy with both my purchases! I am quite impressed with MAC. Are there any other must have items that I should consider buying? 

6 comments:

  1. I’m still a MAC virgin! But love those shades, love the look you created too! I’m useless at eye make-up would love to see more of these looks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) So far I am well impressed with Mac!

      Delete
  2. I love Face & Body, I think I have that shade as well. I love how build able it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really great, perfectly lightweight which is exactly what I wanted. Plus I thought it was great value for 120ml of foundation!

      Delete
  3. Oh I love the palette, I never even realised MAC did these! I absolutely love pink eyeshadows & the look you did is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Chloe! You'll be away to check these palettes out now!! :) they're lovely!

      Delete