Tuesday, 7 January 2014

Recent Purchases - featuring Kerastase, Chanel, Burts Bees and more!




In the run up to Christmas and over the holidays, I really wanted to restrict the amount of cosmetics I purchased. In fact, it's part of my new years resolution. I don't *need* that really. But here are a few things which I did treat myself to. I work full time and I do enjoy buying myself little things here and there. These are some items which I got over the last 4 or 5 weeks.



Burts Bees Lip Balm Blueberry and Chocolate - While browsing one evening for shampoos on Feelunique.com, this little lipbalm ended up in my shopping cart. I do love lipbalms, and I think Burts Bees are actually the best lipbalm out there. But the Blueberry and Chocolate version is something that I had never heard of before and I really wanted to try. The balm itself is so lovely and moisturising like all Burts Bees lipbalms, but the scent is absolutely incredible. Admittedly it is more blueberry than chocolate, but it is amazing nonetheless. I adore it!


Kerastase Bain Divalent Shampoo - I had been using Kerastase Bain Exfoliant Purifiant for dry scalp for the last year or two, and lately I noticed that it has been doing nothing for me. So I decided to go with a different shampoo this time. This one is for oily roots and sensitised lengths, which describes my hair perfectly. It lathers up really nice and has a nice scent. I have noticed that I have been getting an extra day out of my hair, and it seems to be a lot kinder to my coloured hair too. Brilliant!


Deborah Lipmann Wicked Nail Polish Trio - I did not actually buy these but my sister's friend in America sent them over for me, because I love nail polishes and I love Wicked! This nail polish set is limited edition and exclusive to Sephora. The shades are (left to right) Defying Gravity, Popular and One Short Day. I love them all but Popular is my favourite! And I will be wearing them when I go to see Wicked again in the Bord Gais Energy Theatre on it's last day of the Ireland shows.


Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel - I have wanted this product for so long and on my recent trip to Dublin I popped into Arnotts and just decided to buy it. I don't usually wear bronzer, but since I got this I have been wearing it nonstop! It is an even better product than I thought it was going to be! Some days I just wear this all over my face on it's own when I don't have time to put on make up. It is absolutely amazing and I can imagine I will use it plenty in the summer months!


Katy Perry Killer Queen 50ml Eau de Parfum - I had tested this perfume before and thought it was nice, but I had to get this gift set when I saw it reduced to £15.00 in my local chemist! It is such a lovely  Wintery fragrance I think, and the bottle looks absolutely extraordinary. I will do a more in-depth review soon, because I really do think this perfume is very special!



It's ok to treat yourself now and then, isn't it?!

4 comments:

  1. I have Chanel Soliel Tan de Chanel and think I've used it everyday since I got it. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same here, i don't even use bronzer normally but this is something else! i wear it instead of foundation some times x

      Delete
  2. Great picks, I want that Katy Perry too!

    ReplyDelete