Wednesday, 26 February 2014

My Current Skincare Products Feat. Clarins, Lancome & Nuxe


I never used to pay much attention to my skincare routine until the end of last summer. Before, I would use make up wipes (shudder) and I tried a couple of drugstore brand cleansers too. I thought I was getting to an age where perhaps I ought to pay a bit more attention to my skin. I know you don't necessarily have to spend huge amounts on your skincare, but I have been trying a few different brands and I think Clarins is my favourite. Some of their products are rather expensive, but in my opinion worth every penny!

Clarins Instant Eye Make Up Remover - In short, the best product ever. It removes all traces of eye make up within seconds. This is my third bottle of this, and at £17.00 a go it is certainly not cheap, I have found that a bottle is lasting me just over three months. I adore using this because I do not like to pull at the skin around my eyes, and before I discovered this I found it really difficult to remove eye make up, particularly certain mascaras etc. I only use a small amount on a cotton pad, give it a swipe across my eye and the job is done!

Clarins Cleansing Milk - I got a couple of samples of this before I took the plunge and bought the full size. I think it cost around £22.00. It has the nicest, creamiest consistency while still being light. It has a nice but not overpowering scent, kind of smells like Johnstons baby shampoo! I have used other cleansers before but never one as nice as this. I hate using a cleanser and it "disappears" into your skin, I like giving it a good old massage over my face and being able to wipe it all off with a cotton pad.

Lancome Tonique Douceur - I am not really into toners to be honest, I don't particularly think they are of much benefit but what do I know! I got this little one as a sample and have been using it after cleansing since Christmas. It is quite nice to use for removing any excess makeup left after cleansing, and your skin does feel energised and fresh afterwards. But I could take or leave this step to be honest.

Lancome Advanced Genefique - Another one that I could take or leave. I have been using this little sample just for the sake of using it! It is a very nice serum to use, but I don't think it's doing anything for me. Perhaps I am not quite the age for using serums like this, but I might as well give it a try!

Clarins Eye Contour Balm - I have been using this religiously every night since I got it at Christmas! I got a little freaked out about getting wrinkles around my eyes so went straight out and bought this. I figured that Clarins wouldn't let me down, since I love other skincare products of theirs. It comes in a tube with a little nozzle, and you only need a tiny dot of the product for both eyes. It does come in gel form too but I went for the balm as it is more like a moisturiser. I haven't really noticed a major difference, though my underyes do look a little brighter than before.

Nuxe Creme Fraiche Moisturiser - This I have just fallen in love with. I have tried a couple of Clarins moisturisers but none that I would really write home about. I chose this one by Nuxe and oh my goodness, it is so good! It is kind of thick and creamy but not greasy. It feels (and smells) so luxurious and it feels absolutely amazing on your skin! This would be very good if you had dry skin. My skin is kind of normal, but I love using it and without a doubt, it's the best moisturiser I've ever tried!


After a good few months of upping my skincare routine, I have to say I am happier than I have ever been with myself and I would be confident enough to go make-up free. I cannot believe the difference it has made. No more make up wipes for me!

4 comments:

  1. I'm the same with toners, I'm not a fan - but I love that Lancome toner! It's really lovely on the skin :)

    I must try that Nuxe moisturiser, it sounds divine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend the Nuxe moisturiser Lisa! You won't be disappointed! :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely post. Not tried most of these, but they sound lovely. I've used the Lancome toner and it is a bit boring, there are much more exciting toners that you can use to add something to your routine, be in hydrating or exfoliating depending on your needs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa! I really don't know much about toners, I have heard Clarins do a great exfoliating one!

      Delete