Wednesday, 5 February 2014

Sampar Sea Scrub....wanted to love this but I don't :(




In my nearest Debenhams, there is a small stand selling this skincare brand Sampar, which i had never heard of.  A few months ago, the saleslady was talking to me about this French brand, telling me how popular it was in Europe. That day, I bought the cleansing lotion which I really liked, but the saleslady showed me this amazing scrub, which I thought looked amazing, and the scent it has is so incredible, it smells just like a luxurious spa. I asked how much it costs...and nearly passed out when she told me £50.00..

Anyway, fast forward a couple of months to Christmas and I had some money and vouchers to spend. My first stop was Debenhams, where I bought a lot of make up and goodies that I had my eye on for ages but couldn't normally afford. I never forgot the scent of the Sampar Sea Scrub though, so I took the plunge and bought it



There is no doubt that it is an incredibly luxurious product, and it is a very generous sized tub so it will last a while. But I cannot help but be disappointed. I used this in the shower when my skin was wet, as directed. I scooped out a bit of the sea scrub, and the texture of it is so strange. It is very light and almost spongy! You can't get a good scrub out of it like Cocoa Brown Tough Stuff or something. The sea salt actually melted away before I could get a good scrub out of it. It is not the most grittiest of scrubs.

Using it on dry skin is just impossible as you can feel it dragging and it is so unpleasant, and doesn't achieve anything anyway. I do use this occasionally on my face, first wetting my face using a facecloth and using a bit of this scrub. It does work quite nicely, but using it as a body scrub I thought was an epic fail for me!

This is by far the most I have ever spent on a skincare product, and it will definitely be the last! I still love the scent though, I could smell it all day but in terms of effectiveness I would have to say that this product is definitely NOT worth the money!

6 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hate when you spend a load on something and then it turns out to be disappointing. Have you tried using it this way: Hop in the shower, get wet, turn the water off and then use the scrub, turn water on again and rinse off. It might work a bit better that way!
    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely have to experiment a few different ways to use it and see if I can get it to work any better! :) But I really am not impressed with it!

      Delete
  2. Hopefully you'll be able to find a way to make it work more effectively, especially since it was an expensive purchase. Did you go back to Debenhams to ask the Sampar salesperson how to use this, maybe she has a few tips or tricks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been back to debenhams since but next time i am there i most definitely will ask her :) she was really nice and sounded like she knew her stuff!!

      Delete
  3. 50 Squid??? What??? Thats an awful price for a scrub

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is, i've learned my lesson the hard way. won't be parting with this much cash again on scrubs!

      Delete