Saturday, 15 February 2014

What I've bought this week..

So... I am trying to be good and seriously cut down on the amount of cosmetics I buy. But as you know, it's kind of difficult and I am still so eager to try out new products and different things.

Browsing online is a dangerous thing for my bank cards. Sometimes I do pick up a few bargains. This week I was especially lucky on ebay, which is unusual for me - I won 2 auctions! I got a MAC palette, Escada Cherry in the Air perfume and when I was in town, I got the Mane n'Tail Detangler!


I had this notion of buying a MAC palette and starting to fill it up gradually over time with lovely eyeshadows. I got this "old style" palette on ebay for £10.50. I don't really like the new style palettes with the clear lid, so I was delighted with this. I depotted my only two MAC eyeshadows and maybe someday, one day, it will all be filled with 15 shadows! My two shadows are Trax and Gleam. I have been looking online at all the gorgeous MAC eyeshadows available. It's quite overwhelming because there are so many! I would find it hard narrowing it down to 15! But I think I will try and buy at least one a month to try and fill up my palette.



Another ebay bargain. I managed to get this perfume for £10.00. I fell in love with this perfume last summer and I used to spray it liberally on myself every time I was in Debenhams. However I can't really justify buying perfume for myself... I just don't really do it, I would prefer receiving perfume as a present! But I spotted this bottle on ebay. It is the most fabulous, light scent for Spring time. I cannot even describe this scent, it is nice and sweet but not a teenagery scent, if you know what I mean. I just cannot get over how nice it is and I am delighted with it! I actually was in Debenhams today and noticed that they didn't have Cherry in the Air - I know it was a limited edition perfume. All the Escada perfumes are lovely actually, and they all just remind me of Spring/Summer! :)


My local chemist started stocking Mane n' Tail, and I have heard nothing but rave reviews about the brand! Because I have found a shampoo which finally works for me (Kerastase Bain Exfoliant) I am very reluctant to try new shampoos. But I picked up the Detangler, because I have serious problems with my hair being tatty all the time. I had been using a Schwartzkopf detangling spray for children but it wasn't really doing anything for me. Well, I used the Mane n' Tail for the first time lastnight and all i can say is - WOW! I sprayed it through my hair when wet and was able to literally glide my hairbrush through, no problems. Even today, my hair feels a lot smoother and sleeker than normal, and when I got a big tat in my hair from wearing a coat and scarf, I was able to brush it out so easily! I can safely say I think this product will be considered a "life changing" product for me! I'll see how I get on with it over the coming weeks, but first impressions are incredible!


I don't think I did too badly this week! I am very happy with all of these items. Let me know if you bought any nice things for yourself this week!

6 comments:

  1. I’m now a convert to the Mane n Tail, seriously love that stuff although I haven’t tried the detangled one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am so impressed with the detangler! i would love to try more of mane n'tail now!

      Delete
  2. I must pick up some of the detangling spray for my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! If it works wonders for me, it will work for anyone! My hair is desperately tatty all the time!

      Delete
  3. Its great getting bargains! :) I was in Penney's (Primark) today and picked up some of their new PS Love lipsticks, only 2 euro each, and they're really pretty colours too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must watch out for them next time i'm in pennys! :)

      Delete