Sunday, 2 March 2014

Life's Little Saviours... Beauty Edition


I was thinking about what little essential products really just make life easier while at the same time being incredibly useful. So I went through my bathroom cabinet and make up drawer to see what I could come up with. Surprisingly there is only one "make up" product.

1. La Roche Posay Cicaplast Mains - I love a good hand cream and this is what I am currently using. I got this just before Christmas when I spotted it in my local chemist. I have read so many La Roche Posay reviews, so I couldn't resist. It is kind of a gel-like formula which acts as a barrier too. Great if you suffer from seriously dry hands. Mine aren't too bad but this hand cream is really brilliant.

2. Mane n' Tail Detangler - This is a fairly new product in my collection, but in those couple of weeks it has made life so much easier for me, you know, hair wise! My hair is so incredibly tatty. If I brush it through smooth, I will have knots in it after about 30 seconds flat! I spray this Detangler in my hair after I wash it, and it is incredible how I can brush my hair with ease. You can use the Detangler in dry hair too, but I find just using it in my wet hair is enough, and I can still brush my hair easily right up until I next wash my hair. Fantastic product.

3. Cocoa Brown 1 Hour Tan - I never used to wear fake tan apart from the odd special occasion...now I wear it all the time. Ever since I discovered the fabulous Cocoa Brown a little over a year ago, I use it religiously at least once per week. It is the most lovliest tan, easy to apply, not a streak in sight and it gives me the most perfect colour. It looks so natural. I don't even remember what I look like un-tanned! Honestly, this is one product I could never be without.

4. Batiste Dry Shampoo - Another hair product! My hair gets greasy pretty quickly and if it wasn't for this dry shampoo, I would have to wash my hair every day and that is just not happening! Now I can wash my hair and get a good three days out of it. I have used other brands of dry shampoo but Batiste is by far the best. They have a huge range of scents but the original is my favourite, it smells quite citrusy and I actually think it is the most effective on my hair. It's also great for adding texture to your hair for styling.

5. Burts Bees Lip Balm - A good lip balm is essential every day and Burts bees is my favourite. They are so moisturising and last a long time on your lips before having to re-apply. The scents are just amazing too. The original honey is my favourite, but the chocolate and blueberry is gorgeous too! I have one of these in my handbag, on my dressing table and one at work as well. They are really good quality for the price. When you compare them to something like Baby Lips, you can really tell that the Baby Lips are a little waxy in comparison. Burts Bees are just so nourishing and beneficial.

6. YSL Touche Eclait - I got this for Christmas and I swear I have never looked back since. I am extremely conscious about my under eye area. I have spent years searching for concealers to cover my under eye bags, but nothing worked. I realised that I actually don't have bags or dark circles, just the natural contours of my eye. What I needed was a brightening product, and one which has a thin/light consistency. Enter Touche Eclait. This is every thing I had been searching for. A quick stroke of this and my eyes are transformed. It is a wonder product and one which I now could not be without.



8 comments:

  1. The tan is so brill, it literally is fool-proof! Must pick up one of those balms again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No question, it is the best tan in the world! :)

      Delete
  2. LRP hand cream is my fave. I have never tried Touche Eclat, Im a hopeless blogger :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you must try it! It exceeded all my expectations!

      Delete
  3. I couldn't live without Batiste my hair is too fine to last without it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there are many people who would agree, how would we cope without our Batiste?!

      Delete
  4. Couldn't be without Batiste. Really want to try Mane n Tail, my friend recommended it and just sounds fab xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got the conditioner to try, can't wait to use it - it smells lovely! The Detangler is the best hair product I've ever used!

      Delete