Saturday, 22 March 2014

Tanya Burr Lips and Nails - review


I bought myself a few things to try from the Tanya Burr collection. I think they look really fun and perfect for Spring. I am not really much of a Tanya fan, I mean I do watch her videos on Youtube but I wanted to try these products for their own merits rather than just for the Tanya Burr handle.


Lets start with the nail polishes! These are the shades "Bright and Early" and "Little Duck". These colours are right up my street and I couldn't resist them.





I must admit the nail polishes were a little disappointing to me. I just couldn't get them to work for me, they either ended up streaky or a gloopy mess, which is a shame as I do so adore the colours and was planning on adding a couple more of the bright colours to my collection. I just kept thinking that you could get an Essence polish for less than half the price of these, and I do think that Essence ones are better quality. Still, I shall persevere with my Tanya Burr polishes, especially Bright and Early because it is too fabulous a colour not to wear! And actually I think Little Duck would make a great accent nail to go along with it!


The lip glosses on the other hand... oh my god! These are fantastic, and the most fun and fabulous lip product I have tried in a while. I got the shades "Exotic Island", "Picnic in the Park" and "Just Peachy".


These are absolutely fantastic, I have really been loving these glosses. I think that Just Peachy is too pale for me, though! I expected it to be more of a neutral everyday gloss, but it makes my lips too pale for my face so I don't think I could use this. The other two colours though are absolutely heavenly. I particularly love Picnic in the Park for everyday wear. Exotic Island is bursting with colour and I love wearing it when I am all dressed up and it's perfect with a smoky eye!

They smell like strawberry bon bons and they apply really nicely. I don't think they have the best longevity, but I don't really care about that! I couldn't rate these glosses highly enough.

Have you tried anything from the Tanya Burr collection? Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. The lip glosses look super pretty! I'm trying so hard to resist them though!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alisha, they are amazing! If you decide to go for them you won't be disappointed! :)

      Delete