Wednesday, 2 April 2014

Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick - "Apricot"


Highlighters are not a staple part of my make up routine. However, while recently browsing in Arnotts, I walked past this and actually backtracked to get a closer look. Those colours, wow! I couldn't get enough of this! The lovely sales lady at Bobbi Brown (her name was Jen) let me see how this looked on, and showed me how best to use it. I was absolutely sold. They are not cheap at €42 a go, but I know this will last me years!



These colours are just ideal to me! This shimmer brick "Apricot" is from the new Nectar and Nude collection. I love it.
 The individual shades
and blended together


I think it is the nicest flush of peach/gold, it's shimmery without being a total glitterball. I have also used the lighter colours to highlight the inner corners of my eyes. I guess you could use the whole palette as shimmery eyeshadows, but I have not tried it myself. 

This is my first foray into the world of Bobbi Brown. This is definitely a luxury brand. The packaging of the shimmer brick is so sturdy, it is quite large too with a decent sized mirror in the compact. I would be afraid to travel with this incase something happened to it! 

I really love how this looks on me and has totally changed my opinion with regards to highlighting products. The other shades in the shimmer bricks look absolutely amazing too, but I really love peaches  and corals, so for me it was love at first sight with "Apricot"! 

6 comments:

  1. The colour of this really suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty looking and you are right it will last you years! Love Bobbi Brown, must swatch this in store when I’m in next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so so impressed with this! I'd love to try more Bobbi Brown!

      Delete
  3. That's lovely on you! I have a pinky shimmer brick but this one is much prettier. Highlighter is a step I often skip, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Emma :) It's easy to forget to highlight! I only remember to do it if I am going somewhere special!

      Delete