Wednesday, 16 April 2014

Home Waxing - Is it for me?



Shaving my legs is the bane of my life. I never get more than just a day or two's smoothness. I do love getting my legs wax but the hassle of booking appointments and going to the beauty salon on a regular basis doesn't appeal to me. I bought the Veet wax strips recently, you know the ones which you rub between your hands. It hurt like absolute hell, and the strips were a little too big and awkward to use around your ankles etc. But I was delighted with the outcome. My legs were silky smooth for a good three weeks.

So I noticed this Veet Oriental Wax was half price in Superdrug. I thought if I was able to heat up the wax and use regular wax strips, I might get an even better result than before. I was actually excited to try this out. I heated the jar in the microwave as directed. The wax was still hard and lumpy in parts so I had to heat it a little bit more.

It was really nice to apply on your skin, but it makes an absolute mess! No matter how careful I was, I ended up with sticky wax absolutely everywhere. Also, I had not even finished waxing the first leg when I had finished all of the wax strips that come in this kit. I don't know how Veet expect you to wax both your legs using that small amount of strips? Perhaps if I was more experienced at this, I might have been able to. Luckily, I bought a packet of Superdrug's own wax strips so I was able to do the other leg.

I was just getting started on my other leg when the wax in the pot was starting to turn really hard and lumpy! Cue me getting dressed and running to the microwave again.

Honestly, the hot sticky mess and inconvenience of the wax pot is totally not worth it. I thought it would be really handy to wax at home, but if I had paid full price for the wax pot (RRP £10) together with the extra wax strips I bought, that would be the same money you would spend in the salon.

Pain wise, the wax pot was much nicer to use than the cold wax strips, but it was just too messy for me!

Do you prefer to wax at home or go to the salon?

4 comments:

  1. Yeah I’ve tried this and it’s a lot of feckin work. Having to put it in microwave half way through waxing one leg, finding hard wax everywhere, missing parts of the leg. It’s just easier in the salon for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! It's just too much hassle to mess about with it at home! Will definitely be going to the salon next time!

      Delete
  2. I don't think I could self inflict the pain!

    ReplyDelete