Saturday, 26 April 2014

*new* YSL Baby Doll Kiss & Blush - review



Lately I have been kind of obsessed with cream blushes. I don't know why, I just love how they apply as opposed to powder blushes. Plus they are so easy to use while on the go!

This is the new offering from YSL - Baby Doll Kiss & Blush - a multi use product which is designed for use on the lips and cheeks. I was so excited to try these out - however, because I am quite prone to coldsores I would be reluctant to use this on both my lips and face.


The bottle is just a little taller than a standard nail polish bottle. The applicator looks like a doe foot applicator but you can see there is a "bead" in the centre, designed for comfortable use on both the lips and cheeks, and also disperses the perfect amount of product. It's really soft and flexible to use too.


On to the product. This is the shade 10 Nude Insolent. YSL describe the formula as "air whipped" and I agree. It is very soft and creamy, and feels very velvety. It has a lovely matte finish and when blended on your cheeks it feels so smooth and powdery.

I like to dab three little dots on the apples of my cheeks and pat it in. There is so much pigmentation but it blends out very nicely. I absolutely adore the finish of it, you could wear this every single day. Sometimes I dust a little of my Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick over it if I fancy a little bit more "glow".


This is how it looks when worn as a blush. I have tested it on my lips too (not using the applicator) and while it does feel very nice on, it looks just a little too matte for me. It feels incredibly soft and not drying at all, but still I prefer a glossy finish on my lips. I do love this shade "Nude Insolent" on my cheeks, but not on my lips! There are 12 shades available in these and there are lovely orange and pink shades which might look better on lips.

What I really love about this product is the packaging. It looks so adorable and is so convenient to use - also I think this would be a great blush to travel with if you were going on holiday. The formula absolutely surprised me. I love the soft velvety texture, it feels so luxurious.

Let me know what you think of this product!



**Product provided for review

6 comments:

  1. oOooh, very nice! I'm so jealous that you got sent this! You're so lucky!

    Love Zoe x
    Face Value Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try these! Great review! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. it is so nice! i love how it looks on, very pleased with it!

      Delete