Wednesday, 7 May 2014

Clarins Truly Waterproof Mascara - Colours of Brazil Summer 2014 Collection





Here is a mascara which was well and truly built for summer! I am so excited about this. I love the sleek black packaging - it looks so classic and elegant. I love how it looks so understated with it's plain black tube and gold lid with just the Clarins "C" on it.


The wand is perfect - it reminds me of Benefit BadGal, only a bit thinner. The formula of this mascara is quite interesting - it uses bitter orange tree wax and olive squalane oil in order to protect lashes against humidity, sea water and pool water! See, I told you this mascara was built for summer! There is a very slight orangey scent too, which is so nice and fresh!


No mascara
 One coat of Clarins Truly Waterproof Mascara


This mascara boasts length, volume and 12 hour hold. My lashes are already kind of long, so I didn't really see much difference with regards to length. My lashes do look a little more voluminous. The real benefit of this mascara in my opinion is the protective film it creates over the lashes. It is most definitely, completely waterproof! The formula of this mascara is "tougher" than any mascara I've ever used. 

I swear by my Clarins Instant Eye Make Up Remover, it never lets me down! It removes this Truly Waterproof mascara with no trouble at all. I was concerned that it may be a little hard to remove, but thankfully it is so easy! 

Also, I definitely agree with the 12 hour hold of this mascara! I apply it in the morning before work, and at night time it still looks as fresh as though I just applied it.

I will definitely be taking this mascara on holidays with me! I love that it is completely waterproof and is built to withstand humidity! 


Incase you were wondering, the eyeshadow I used in these photos is the Clarins Splendours palette, which was part of the 2013 summer collection! I really hope to add the Colours of Brazil palette to my collection, it looks so gorgeous!

Also, unlike the rest of the Colours of Brazil collection, the mascara will be part of the permanent line! :)



*product provided for review

No comments:

Post a Comment