Wednesday, 14 May 2014

Recent Purchases! Featuring Yankee Candle & Revlon!


So my plan of not spending money on random stuff and saving up for my holidays isn't exactly going as planned! One little relapse is ok, right?

So on one of my usual trips to the Yankee Candle shop for a browse, I bought this small jar of "Paradise Spice" and a sampler of "Margarita Time"! I thought they were so lovely and fresh, they are the most summery Yankee Candles ever! After buying them I had £10.00 off on my reward card so I decided to get a big jar. The new Yankee Candle summer scents are amazing, but in the end I went for "Citrus Tango" - I love citrusy scents and this one is divine! I am trying to burn them one at a time, so as you can see Paradise Spice has been my first choice. It smells like pineapples!

So… you know Boots have 3 for 2 at the moment and I really wanted to try some Revlon stuff. I have heard so much about Revlon but I honestly have never tried anything from the brand, apart from a foundation. I know I really wanted a Lip Butter and I chose the shade Juicy Papaya! It is a great coral shade for summer. I also really wanted to try one of the Electric Chrome nail polishes, inspired by the new Amazing Spider-man 2 film. I chose Super-Powered, a gorgeous metallic blue. I love this shade, and I love the cute bottle with the spiderweb detail on the lid.
So of course I needed to pick a third item! And that item was one of the new scented nail polishes. The only colour I really wanted was this nice hot pink colour. This one is called African Tea Rose, and after trying this one I can safely say I do not like the scent! It is a bit overpowering at times and is a very strong, smells like a horrible perfume. The colour is nice though!

So, a slight relapse but hopefully I shall regain some self control and not buy anything else for a few weeks!

6 comments:

  1. I'm jealous of all your yankee goodness, those scents all sound gorgeous!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a bitta yankee! :) :) it seems i can't go past the shop without buying one!

      Delete
  2. I like the scent of the African Tea Rose but it's strong, so probably not for everyone! I'm still in Winter Yankee mode, have Fireside Treats going all the time here!! I need to get a summery one to tide me over until the lovely smokey Autumn ones come around again :) If you have a Dealz or Poundland near you, they always have Revlon in their makeup section, a great way to try new things on the cheap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a Poundland near me, I shall have to have a hunt around for more Revlon! Fireside Treats is a gorgeous candle, one of my faves!

      Delete
  3. The new summer scents are so good aren't they? :) Almost good enough to eat! :) Love the colour of the Lip Butter too, I bought it a few weeks ago but still haven't worn it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The summer scents are just incredible, really amazing!

      Delete