Saturday, 21 June 2014

Updated - My Hair Care Routine!



I've been paying close attention to my hair in recent weeks - I had my hair lightened a bit which of course can compromise the condition of your hair. I really love the lighter bits through my hair, I feel like it gives it so much depth and it looks so different  to how it was before (to me, anyway!).

I've been trying out the new John Frieda Luxurious Volume shampoo and conditioner*, and so far I really like them. I love the smell of these! It sounds strange but I like using shampoos which are "clear", I think they are probably the best to use on your hair. I read somewhere a long time ago that shampoos which have colour have more chemicals in them, so that's why I like clear ones. Also, I really like shampoos and conditioners which come in tubes like these. They are just so much easier to use while in the shower. I do like to try a shampoo and conditioner for a good couple of months, so perhaps I will do a full review on these when I have tried them properly.

So, when my hair is wet I so desperately need my Mane n' Tail Detangler! My hair gets super super tatty and the only thing that remedies that is this Detangler. It's probably the best hair product I have ever used! I have also tried their shampoos and conditioners (and used them on my dog too!) and they are excellent as well!

I still use the Schwartzkopf Colour Freeze heat protector. I squeeze out a little blob, rub my hands together and smooth it through my hair. It's a cream, with  a very light texture and it doesn't leave any sticky residue or anything in my hair.

I have been curling my hair a lot lately with my Remington Pearl Curling Wand. I have worked out a system where I can curl my hair with it in about 5 minutes. I just wrap huge sections of my hair around the wand, and I get a loose, wavy tousled effect like in the photo above.

My hairdresser recommended this L'Oreal Wild Stylers Next Day Hair spray. I think if you are wearing your hair curly, this will compliment it perfectly. It's kind of a cross between dry shampoo and volumising dust. I spray it in the mid lengths and ends of my hair, and brush through my hair with my fingers. I have heard that other texturising sprays like this can make the hair feel sticky or crunchy, but this one most definitely does not! It creates so much volume when I wear my hair curly, and leaves just enough texture so that you could easily style your hair into an up-do.

Next on my wish list is a L'Oreal Steam Pod! I want one so badly, it is amazing for straightening and curling the hair, and it is probably the heated hair tool which is actually kindest to the hair, using steam rather than ceramic plates.

Are there any hair products I am not using that I should be using?

2 comments: