Wednesday, 23 July 2014

Chanel - Illusion d'Ombre - "New Moon"

I have been obsessed with this ever since I got it! I spotted it in duty free before my holiday (at 4.30am…) and I knew i couldn't leave without it. I tested nearly all the Illusion d'Ombre eyeshadows but "New Moon" stole my heart the moment I laid eyes on it!






The colour is just phenomenal. How can I even describe it! It's like a purpley cranberry, and wow, that shimmer! I cannot get over how sparkly it is. I could look at it all day!

I used to be quite fond of cream eyeshadows, particularly the Benefit Creaseless Cream eyeshadows. But New Moon is not like them in any way. In the pot, it has a mousse / spongey texture. There is a tiny little brush supplied but I prefer to pick it up on my fingertip and tap it onto my eyelid.

I wore this every single day on my holiday and loved it. I wore it on it's own, no primer, and it held up throughout a good portion of the day, despite the intense hot weather. In the evening time I would notice it creasing ever so slightly, but by that time of the night I didn't really care!

Now that I'm back home, I've been trying different ways to use it. I still like to wear it alone with just a flick of eyeliner and mascara, but now I do put a bit of primer underneath (my trusty ArtDeco eyeshadow base) just to give it a bit more intensity and longevity.

But after playing around with it a bit, I think I have found my favourite way to wear it. It requires the help of my old faithful Naked palette!


I used the shade "Toasted" all over the lid, and "Hustle" in the crease. Then with my ring finger I tapped a bit of "New Moon" over it to give it that lovely shimmer. I love how this looks!




Have a great day everyone!

12 comments:

  1. I love New Moon. I checked in every day since Lisa Eldridge did that gorgeous matte orange lip look on Keira Knightley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes i saw that look that she did, it was incredible!

      Delete
  2. Ohhh this is so pretty! Your swatch pictures are beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so pretty and i loved how you paired it with the naked palette.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much jess! it's such a gorgeous eyeshadow x

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous shade and I love your photos of it with the the UD shades too, stunning! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. thank you, i'm obsessed with this shadow! x

      Delete
  6. No wonder why you fell in love with it...its soooo pretty. Love it when it is applied on the lids. It enhances the look of the eyes. A must have indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's very beautiful Ana, I need sparkle every day now!

      Delete