Wednesday, 30 July 2014

Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour - "Mirabella"


Everyone loves an orange polish, right? I know I certainly do, and have amassed quite a collection of them! When I saw "Mirabella" at the Chanel counter i knew that I couldn't leave without it!
This is the first ever Chanel polish that I own. They are, in my opinion, incredibly expensive. The outer packaging is stunning though. Does the product hold it's own?
First thing's first - it has a long, skinny brush. I hate them!! I cannot apply nail polish properly with long skinny brushes. I end up with streaks and then a huge blob of nail polish will just travel down that brush and onto my nail after I've applied it half decently :(
The actually formula of the nail polish is very nice and glossy. It's the perfect consistency and has great colour payoff. I always apply 2 coats of polish just to be on the safe side, though.


My nails aren't in the greatest condition at the moment - I had a gel manicure for going on holidays and my nails don't take too kindly to getting them removed! So I found it hard to get the nail polish to "look" smooth. I have no doubt that this polish will look phenomenal on, when my nails are back to normal.
The colour is just stunning. As I said, I have a few orange polishes already but not one like this. It is a really bright, true orange! Just what I love!

Isn't orange the perfect colour for a summer manicure?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god, that colour is amazing!! I love Chanel polishes but you're right, they are very expensive. I always feel like they're not quite dupe-able though, you know the way people are always like "oh this much cheaper polish is an exact match" but I never really agree..there's just something about their polish that makes it stand out. For me, anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think you may be right about that chloe! this is the only chanel polish i have tried but i saw the beautiful colours they have and they are really quite unique. they just have that luxurious look and feel about them!

      Delete