Sunday, 20 July 2014

Duty Free & Paris Purchases (and post holiday blues)


Some of you may already know that I took a trip to Disneyland Paris for my holidays this year. I just arrived back early yesterday and I can safely say the holiday blues are well and truly here :( I had such an amazing time, better than I expected! What I wouldn't give to be back in Disney again.

We spent most of our days in the Disney parks and one day we took to see some of the big tourist attractions in Paris.

Naturally, if there is anything of the cosmetic nature available to purchase, i will be all over it! I bought a couple of items in duty free and visited the Val d'Europe outlet centre for a bit of shopping too.


These two Chanel beauties I bought in duty free before i had even left Ireland! I had been lusting after both of these after seeing loads of swatches and reviews online. I have not yet tried the Mirabella nail polish yet because I got a gel manicure for holidays, which I am now dying to have removed!

The eyeshadow is the Illusion d'Ombre in "New Moon". I used this every day on holidays. It is like a pinky, purpley, cranberry shade with intense shimmer. It's absolutely beautiful, so sparkly! Swatches will be coming soon. I'd like to give it it's own review.


I popped into L'Occitane as well, having never tried anything from this brand I was a little overwhelmed! They had so much to choose from but I played it safe with a body cream and hand cream. I adore both of these, they smell amazing (especially the lime body cream). I think they are beautifully packaged too and they look lovely on my dressing table.


This is another duty free purchase, I couldn't leave without it! It cost €39 which is a total bargain in my opinion. I am a little obsessed with Clarins skincare, and this set features some of my favourites as well as a few bits I've never tried before. They are really decent sized products too. The only full sized product I believe is the Daily Energiser Cream, although I have never seen this packaged in a tube before, but it is 50ml of product, the same size as the jar.

And now I can't resist showing you these gorgeous little hats I picked up in Disneyland (reduced to €3 each!). I think they are so cute and currently I am trying to find a place to display them.





And now, here are a few snaps from my holiday. I really had the most wonderful time. There is nothing like that magical feeling of being in Disneyland. No matter what age you are! Seeing that castle is just something else. I went on as many rides as I could (even the big ones) and saw the parades and night show, and I loved going into Paris too.

Best holiday ever :)









2 comments: