Friday, 25 July 2014

My top picks of Summer 2014 (so far!)

Here we are in the midst of summer, and what a glorious one it is too! I am just back from a wonderful holiday in Disneyland Paris and as I write this, I am in my back garden enjoying every minute of this beautiful weather. 

It has been a great summer for some new make up too. I am particularly fond of the Clarins Colours of Brazil collection but I have tried out loads of new things this summer. Here is a small collection of what I have been wearing the most!


1. Skechers Flex Appeal Memory Foam - Not a make up item I know, but I bought these for going on holiday and I have been wearing them every day since! They are extremely comfortable, with a memory foam insole! It is quite literally like walking on air. I love these!




2. La Roche Posay Anthelios XL SPF 50 - I have been using this quite liberally, and despite the intense mid-30 degree heat in Paris and our beautiful weather here, it has not let me down so I would say this is  definitely one of my top picks for summer!

3. Escada Born in Paradise Perfume - This scent is just summer in a bottle for me! It is so fruity and tropical. I have been spraying this every single day and it has fast become my favourite perfume for summer. My only problem is, it is only available in eau de toilette so the beautiful scent does fade very quickly! :( But this perfume will forever remind me of this summer!

4. Clarins Lip Balm Crayon - These are the best things I have ever put near my lips! This shade is "Sweet Cherry", a beautiful but not too striking colour, which is very suitable for everyday wear. They feel so creamy and smell delicious! I recently tried a Clinique Chubby Stick for the first time and I can honestly say the Clarins Lip Balm Crayons are 100 times better! Please Clarins make these part of your permanent line!!

5. Clarins Colours of Brazil Eyeshadow Palette - I am still very fond of this palette and I wear it a lot! My favourite shades are the two brown shades, and I like to blend out with a little of the orange colour. The blue liner is really something! I never thought I would get much use out of the liner but it turns out I was wrong! I always line my lower lashes with it now, and it looks beautiful and lovely contrast with it and the orange eyeshadow!

6. Lancome City Miracle CC Cream - This is what I have been wearing on my face every day since I got it. It has such beautiful consistency and applies beautifully. It has that lovely elegant Lancome scent too (which I love) and of course has been providing some much required protection to my face with the SPF 50. I wish I had got it in the lighter shade though, as I constantly have to wear fake tan to make sure this matches my skin!



I would love to know what your top picks are for summer! And I hope you are all enjoying the nice weather! :) 

4 comments:

  1. I have a pair of those Skechers memory foam aswell, I love them they are by far the most comfortable trainers I own! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are absolutely brilliant! so glad i bought them!

      Delete
  2. Been really thinking about getting the Lancome CC cream for my holidays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's really good nora! definitely well worth the money

      Delete