Sunday, 10 August 2014

Mini Body Shop Haul!


Do you ever have one of those days - after a long hard day at work you arrive home and start browsing online, when before you know it, you have your bank card in your hand! That was me the other night!

There isn't a Body Shop near me, and I have barely tried any of their things. I don't order too many things of a cosmetic nature online, but I have heard nothing but rave reviews about their body butter. After much consideration I went with the Raspberry! I love anything fruity so I knew i couldn't go wrong. I needed a new body scrub too, so I got the accompanying raspberry. And then, just as I was about to check out, i added in the honey lip balm just for fun! (You can't have too many lip balms, right?)



After trying each of these products a few times, I have to say that I am most taken with the body scrub! It looks exactly like raspberry jam! A tiny bit of product goes a long way, it is hard to see but there are minuscule exfoliating beads in there as well as what looks like seeds! It's really great and it smells so fruity and fresh.

The body butter is great too, I was a little surprised by the texture! It's kind of firm at first, a bit like a mousse texture but it absorbs really well and does not feel sticky at all once it's on! It has the same lovely raspberry scent - if I apply this at night I can still smell it even the next day! I would love to try more of these, especially the orange one!

The lip balm it really nice, it is kind of like a Vaseline type but much softer in texture. The smell is - oh my god! amazing! I actually think I am addicted to this. It gives really decent hydration to the lips but I can't help but re-apply it unnecessarily. I'm not usually a fan of lip balms in pots but this product is so beautiful I don't care. And i think the pot is super cute.

So, I am so impressed with my purchases! I definitely would love to try more things from the Body Shop!


6 comments:

  1. I'm so obsessed with the body shop scrubs & body butters, I've actually really wanted to try the raspberry ones too for ages, they sound gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love it chloe! and i'm dying to try the other ones too, i think i'd like the coconut one next!

      Delete
  2. There's no branch near me either, and they don't deliver to the south unless I use Parcel Motel so I've never tried much by them! I got a brazil body butter as a present last year and it was gorgeous, I wanted to eat it!! I think they do pretty good sales so I'll keep an eye out for the next one and use Parcel Motel but until then I'll have to do with reviews and swatches - those pics are amazing, the stuff looks good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's a shame they don't ship to the republic! especially as they have physical shops there! the body butter is fab, and as you say almost good enough to eat! they do great offers sometimes, i'm going to keep an eye out and maybe try a few more things! :)

      Delete
  3. That body shop scrub looks just like jam.. It's one of those products you sneakily try to taste only to be met with the bitter taste of soap.. Just me? haha! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha zoe! i haven't done that but i was tempted to at first!

      Delete