Sunday, 5 October 2014

Neglected eyeshadow - MAC Cranberry



MAC Cranberry is one of those eyeshadows that everyone talks about. It's not your typical colour though is it? Personally I would never have thought of choosing a red eyeshadow. Around last year I bought this colour amongst other eyeshadows, and I was so taken with it. It's nothing like any other eyeshadow I have seen. But, I am a little intimidated by it. I wore it a few times last Winter but since then it has been neglected in my growing collection of eyeshadows. Since the change in the weather I really feel like this is an appropriate colour!


I used Cranberry with good old Satin Taupe in the crease. I think they go really well together!



Do you like this eye look? I am no make up artist, so I don't really know how to incorporate such an unusual eyeshadow into other looks. If anyone has any tips please do let me know! I'm quite happy with how this looks though, it's easy enough to do and certainly is different to what I usually wear.

12 comments:

  1. Looks amazing on you! Unfortunately it dosen't suit my skin at all :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow thank you so much! that is a shame, i guess it's just one of those colours that is tricky to wear

      Delete
  2. It looks gorgeous Grace! Really love this colour on blue eyes. I recently got a Paint Pot in Artifact not so long ago and it's a very similar shade to this; in fact I'm so pleased to have read this because it's reminded me to use it more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gail thank you so much! I just looked up swatches of Artifact - WOW! It's a beaut!

      Delete
  3. It's lovely on you. Never tried this colour on my eyes at all so not sure if it would work. I do have blue eyes though like you so maybe I should give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks nora! i find it makes your eyes look really blue! it's a great colour it's just not something i would normally wear but i do love it!

      Delete
  4. That's stunning on you! I don't think I'd be brave enough for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks sharon! i bet it would look amazing on you!

      Delete
  5. Goodness I need to get my paws on that shadow! You're right, I've never seen anything like it before. Magnificent blending by the way ;)

    ReplyDelete