Thursday, 2 October 2014

Soap and Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub and Body Buttercream


I don't know if I ever mentioned it here, but I must admit I am not the biggest fan of Soap and Glory (although I have barely tried any of their products). When they first came out I used to think that they were trying to imitate Benefit in their packaging and product names. I do think that all of their products are quite expensive for what they are, though. Despite that, I have been quite eager to try the Sugar Crush range as I was told (if I can recall by Makeup Monster) that this scent is similar to my all time favourite Yankee Candle, Vanilla Lime! And it sure is!

The scent is absolutely amazing, it is so sweet and fresh at the same time. Sometimes I can't resist just opening the tubs and smelling them, it's just so nice!

The scrub is really good. It's not too gentle yet it's not too harsh either. It is one of those scrubs which starts to dissolve upon contact with water. Now, it is not as bad as that terrible ridiculously overpriced Sampar scrub that I reviewed some time ago. It actually does give you plenty of time to scrub away at yourself, and it rinses off really well without leaving any residue at all.
I don't think I would like to use this scrub on dry skin as I feel that it might "drag" on your skin, but I really have been enjoying using it in the shower. And the scent fills the entire bathroom, it's wonderful!

The Body Buttercream is really quite nice too. It is not a heavy cream, it's quite light and soft but a little firm in texture. It smooths onto the skin beautifully and absorbs fairly quickly too. I have really been enjoying just smothering myself in this. The scent fades a little too quickly for me though, or else i am just getting used to it!

I think I am enjoying the Body Buttercream a lot more than the Body Shop Body Butter, which I do love but it's very thick and the Soap and Glory one is a lot lighter. However, the Soap and Glory one is not nearly as good as the L'Occitane Lime Body Butter which I used up over the summer, I am still mourning that one! I need to replace it ASAP but it's kinda expensive.

Maybe I was wrong about  Soap and Glory. I have been enjoying these products a lot. I do think that their products are a tad expensive though, I got these two in a buy one get one half price deal which wasn't bad. I don't think I would try any Soap and Glory makeup though, unless there is a holy grail must have item that I don't know about! If there is please let me know and I would consider giving it a try.

4 comments:

  1. I love this scent so much aswell! If you're on the lookout for a good body butter that isn't too expensive try the Boots Botanics ones! They're 11euro each and they're always on offer aswell! I've tried a few of them and they're lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thanks for that alisha i must check them out when i am in Boots!

      Delete
  2. I love that body scrub, I have been known to go into the bathroom and unscrew the top just for a smell! Whenever Boots have an offer I always stock up on the scrub and shower gel, I've never bought the body butter, thought it might be overkill when layered on top of the scrub and gel! I like The Righteous Butter a lot too. I do like Soap & Glory, not too keen on the makeup products I've tried from them though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The smell of this is just amazing! its my first proper try of soap and glory, i am liking them but i think their make up etc is a little expensive!

      Delete