Wednesday, 19 November 2014

New Nail Polishes from NYC! Crystal Couture & Strip Me Off base coat


NYC were my go-to brand for nail polishes for a long time. I hadn't bought any of their polishes in a long time though (trying to cut back as I already have so many!) but while passing the NYC stand in my local chemist I noticed some new beauties… Crystal Couture! I couldn't leave without getting at least one, so I chose the sparkly purple named "NY Princess".

Also I bought the Strip Me Off base coat to give it a try! Glitter nail polishes are such a pain to remove so I thought this would come in handy!




NY Princess is such a beautiful nail polish! I applied one layer of Strip Me Off base coat and three coats of NY Princess. It is a gorgeous shade of purple packed full of glitters. I love wearing this, it is perfect for the party season. The other shades in the Crystal Couture collection looked very festive too, a beautiful glittery red and gold! I must get them next time!


The Strip Me Off base coat works really well, all my nails peeled off in one piece. The only problem was, they started peeling off throughout the day, when I wanted my nail polish to remain intact! I don't think I would use this again for fear of losing all my nails before the day is out! It is rather therapeutic however being able to peel off your nail polish with such ease, absent-mindedly while watching TV!

NYC remains my top brand for budget nail polishes. In fact I think their nail polishes perform better than some expensive ones I have tried. I can't remember exactly how much these ones cost me, I have a feeling they were £1.99 each. What a bargain!

What do you think of these nail polishes? Should I give Strip Me Off another try?

6 comments:

  1. I agree NYC polishes are really great. Never heart of this base coat before now. Must pick it up would be very handy for over the Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's absolutely brilliant for removing glitters easily!

      Delete
  2. Its def a good base coat. I also love how it can easily be removed in times that you want it. But with longevity, kinda sad about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in 2 minds about it as well Sue. It was a brilliant base coat for removing nail polish easy, but it started peeling during the day which was not good!

      Delete