Saturday, 17 January 2015

Cocoa Brown Gentle Bronze Review



Am I a little late in reviewing this? Gentle Bronze, which is Cocoa Brown's gradual tan, was released last year but truthfully it is only since Winter began that I have gotten the most use out of this! I don't want a full on tan, but I need something to take away the horrid purple/grey of my skin tone.

Back in the day, when I was a complete tanophobe, I would have used Johnsons Holiday Skin for a subtle "glow". Now, from what I remember, Johnsons Holiday Skin was horrible in texture, similar to that of wallpaper paste. It had a horrible smell and it took an age to dry, leaving you with that awful sticky feeling for hours on end. Plus, you would have to apply it every night for about a fortnight to notice any sort of colour at all. Cocoa Brown Gentle Bronze is the complete opposite of this!

I had been so accustomed to using Cocoa Brown One Hour Tan, which gives me the perfect tan that I want and has never let me down. It's quite nice actually to try something a little bit lighter, and a little easier (for me) to apply.

It has a beautiful, light texture and has a nice but subtle scent, similar to that of the One Hour Tan. I apply this with my hands, just like a regular moisturiser. Not once have I experienced any difficulties with this application method, no streaks or anything! It absorbs really quickly so you don't have to sit around with that awful sticky feeling. I also like to put a little bit on my face (I love tan on my face!) and have not experienced any breakouts or anything of the kind. This product is very kind to my skin.

Think it's time for some before and after photos!

 Before
After

These pictures show what just ONE application of Gentle Bronze can do! You can continue to build up your colour with further applications if you want, but I am absolutely thrilled with how I look after just one application. This is exactly what I want, when I want to be just a little bit tanned however it looks quite natural in Wintertime. 

I love Gentle Bronze for a perfect bronzed glow, ease of application and best of all it is only £5.99. I am definitely going to be stocking up on this stuff for Spring coming in!

8 comments:

  1. It looks fab! I bought this ages ago and forgot all about it, might give it a go today x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should! it's brilliant, perfect colour for winter! x

      Delete
  2. I've been using gentle bronze for a little while now and think it might be my favourite Cocoa Brown product. I just love how hydrated my skin feels after i use it. Oh and can i just say, i love your blog! I find your reviews so helpful when it comes to makeup & skincare :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think gentle bronze is now my favourite cocoa brown product too! and thank you so much for your comment, it really made my day! x

      Delete
  3. I love Gentle Bronze! I use it a lot for extending my tan so it fades evenly (kinda like the cocoa brown chocolate whip) so while it is fading you have a lovely glow!

    kaylieghland.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's brilliant kayleigh! i did that last summer, to prolong my tan, it was fantastic!

      Delete
  4. It gives you a gorgeous glow, Grace!

    ReplyDelete