Saturday, 3 January 2015

My Top Products of 2014


Everyone is doing one of these posts so I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon! I try out a lot of different products throughout the year but I have chosen a selection of products/brands which have really impressed me more than any other.

La Roche Posay skincare! Ever since I took a bad reaction to a Clarins cleanser, I switched up my skincare routine (actually it was more of a complete overhaul). I went and bought everything La Roche Posay and the condition of my skin has improved dramatically. I love each and every single product I have bought, and I will continue to repurchase. The prices are kinder to my wallet too. I seem to have amassed quite a collection of La Roche Posay products over Christmas! Honestly it will now take a lot for me to stop using this brand.


This year I started using Mane 'n Tail products on my hair this year, and am so impressed. I am just mad that after several years of paying big bucks for the likes of Kerastase shampoos, I could have been using this. Mane 'n Tail just really agrees with my hair. I have found that my hair gets less greasy, and the detangling spray is a godsend for my tatty hair. Wonderful range of products and reasonably priced too.


I tried a lot of makeup throughout the year too, but only one new foundation which was the Clarins Extra Comfort. I am so, so impressed with the coverage of this product and how comfortable (as the name would suggest) this foundation is to wear. It is extremely beneficial to dry skins and contains a lot of skincare and anti-ageing properties. It was quite a spendy foundation, and the packaging isn't at all practical but it is the only make uppy product that really overwhelmed me in 2014.


Another skin care product! Clarins Instant Eye Make-Up Remover is the one and only eye make up remover which really works for me. It is kinda expensive (£18) but I have tried drugstore alternatives and they are just not a patch on this stuff. A bottle of this usually lasts me about 2 months so I have gone through quite a number of bottles in 2014! And I shall continue to purchase this in 2015. It is the best make up remover and is really gentle on my eyes too.


It is interesting that this year my favourite products are mostly skincare. I had to include some make up too. I wanted to include something that I reach for every single day, so I cannot choose between the Clarins Lip Balm Crayons and Tanya Burr Lip Glosses! I reach for one of these every day. I love the colour selection and pigmentation of the Tanya Burr glosses (and they smell lovely) and Clarins Lip Balm Crayons really were my holy grail products especially during summer. Especially the shade "Creamy Pink".  I have worn them down quite  a lot and they are nearly done - sad times! At the moment I am wearing Tanya Burr lipgloss in "Aurora" which is a lovely sparkly, pinky-nude. I wore it a lot over Christmas too. Beautiful!



Since I really got into the habit of fake tanning in 2013, 2014 was the year when I kinda laid off the tan and went for something a little lighter. Cocoa Brown Gentle Bronze is in fact my holy grail gradual tanning product! It's the total opposite to the hideous gradual tanners I used many years ago. It has a lovely light consistency, it absorbs really quickly and has a nice scent. I am left with a beautiful colour the next morning, no streaks or patches either! Just one application of Gentle Bronze has been perfect for me, when I want a little hint of tan but not too much. I have really particularly taken to this product in the Winter months. For me, this is the best gradual tan out there. I will have to stock up on a few more tubes for the new year! 




Have you tried any of these products? What do you think? Oh and of course, Happy New Year to everyone! :) 

6 comments:

  1. Happy new year to you too. ^__^ I started using the La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo in September after having issues with my skin. One of my all time favourite products. I still really need to get my hands on some Tanya Burr glosses.

    Vanese
    vanzthemachinee.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Vanese! I think La Roche Posay have such incredible products, they seem to work miracles on problem skin! You should definitely try the Tanya burr glosses I think they are fantastic!

      Delete
  2. I discovered La Roche Posay this year too and went a bit mad buying things from the range (bought another thing yesterday) but it really is a fantastic brand. The Lipikar balm is just a godsend for dry patches, it has made such a difference to one of the boys. I haven't used anything by Clarins exept their eye shadows, it's a brand I want to look into more in the coming year! The Cocoa Brown sounds fab, I'm afraid of gradual tanners since everyone went mad on the Johnson's a few years ago! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon you definitely should look into some Clarins problems I think you would really like them! Their make up is fantastic! I must get that Lipikar balm would definitely be handy to have! Don't be afraid of the Cocoa Brown gradual tan, it is nothing like Johnsons! I almost have nightmares thinking about that stuff! :) x

      Delete
  3. Love the mountains of LRP! Hahaha - such a great brand!

    Must give that Clarins foundation a try, sounds great :)

    Happy New Year! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Lisa! I couldn't just buy one product you know! You should try the Clarins foundation if you can, I think it's brilliant!

      Delete