Tuesday, 3 February 2015

Bobbi Brown Gel Sparkle Shadow & Liner


This little pot is something that I bought with my Christmas vouchers. I used to really love cream eyeshadows, and since doing a huge makeup clear out a few months ago I only have one cream eyeshadow left in my collection! So I wanted to add to it. I wanted something kind of neutral, but sparkly too. I was looking at MAC Paint Pots but they seemed more metallic than sparkly. If there are any nice shades I should check out, do let me know.

Anyway, while browsing I ended up looking at Bobbi Brown eyeshadows, and with "sparkle" in the name, this one caught my eye. I looked at a few reviews and swatches, and finally decided to order the shade "Smokey Topaz".


When it arrived I was a little taken aback by how small the little pot actually is. It contains 4 grams of product (compared to 5g in a MAC paint pot). I know it is called "Shadow and Liner" but to me the design of the pot is more geared towards using it as a liner. I don't intend on doing that (I only use black liner) and I always apply my cream shadows using just my fingers. So the small jar opening is a little disappointing for me.


Swatch time! What I actually really like about this product is that it is very sparkly and not shimmery or glittery. That is exactly what I wanted.
Smokey Topaz is not the colour I expected it to be. I expected it to be more of a bronze but to me it's more like a pewter type shade, but still it is perfect for everyday wear. 
The shadow is very easy to apply. I just use my ring finger and then blend out the edges with a fluffy brush. It definitely is very easy to apply and I have had no problems! Wear time is really good, the Bobbi Brown website states up to 12 hours wear. I definitely got a good 8-10 hours wear time before it started creasing on me (and that was after using a primer as well). 




I think it looks fantastic all over the lid on its own, a bit of eyeliner and plenty of mascara! Sometimes I blend a darker eyeshadow into my crease for a bit of definition. But it's one of those quick, easy to apply eyeshadows for fuss-free make up! Especially in the sun light it looks incredibly sparkly for that little something "extra".

I haven't experimented using this as an eyeliner yet. I'm not sure how it would look to be honest because the shade isn't too deep.  I'm sure it would apply really well though as the texture of this gel is so smooth.

The Gel Sparkle Shadow & Liners cost £20 which honestly is quite expensive for me. There are 5 shades available, and they all look lovely. But I wouldn't mind trying different cream shadows from other brands. If you have any recommendations please let me know (particularly MAC paint pots!).

Do you like the look of this product?

12 comments:

  1. But it's sooo pretty! And I know what you mean about the sparkly not glittery thing! This is perfect! Boo to the small size though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's absolutely lovely Nora! The pot looks so tiny, although a little goes a long way so hopefully I'll get a while out of it! :)

      Delete
  2. I think it's gorgeous on you and it really brings out the colour of your eyes! I wouldn't be too gone on the price though for the size of it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you danielle! and i agree it is a tad on the expensive side!

      Delete
  3. That colour is an absolute knockout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's so lovely! it would look gorgeous on you!

      Delete
  4. It's stunning, such a beautiful colour! I hate when I order things online and they turn out to be much smaller though, such a letdown before I even try it! I would recommend the Chanel Illusion d'Ombre ones, they have some lovely colours - or Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On & On Bronze and Eternal Gold are lovely. There's a pink one too and a non-sparkly plum one that's really nice x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes! i got a chanel illusion d'ombre last summer and love it! at some stage i must buy another one in an everyday neutral colour! i will have to look at the maybelline colour tattoos, also i heard max factor have new cream shadows out! x

      Delete
  5. This looks lovely, definitely need to head down to my local Bobbi Brown counter soon! xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you definitely should! :) i wish there was a count near me!

      Delete
  6. The opening of the jar is pretty small alright :/ It is such a gorgeous shade though, it looks so pretty on you.x

    lashingsofmascaraon.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete