Saturday, 7 February 2015

Clarins Jolie Rouge Brilliant Perfect Shine Sheer Lipstick "Coral Dahlia"


Here is something very exciting! When this little beauty arrived through my letter box I was dosed with the flu and badly in need of a pick me up. Needless to say it definitely did the trick!

Clarins Jolie Rouge Brilliant* are stunning sheer, glossy lipsticks. I have here the shade "Coral Dahlia" which is a new shade released as part of the Garden Escape Spring collection. When I opened this lipstick, I actually did gasp! The colour is just stunning, a gorgeous coral with very subtle golden shimmer. This is the perfect shade for Spring and Summer!

The lipstick is housed in a really sturdy silver tube. I must admit it looks very glamorous indeed. I am surprised by the weight of the packaging! It feels really solid. Twist up to reveal the gorgeous lipstick. That colour! I just can't get enough of it.




I took a close up of the swatch in the sunlight so you can see the shimmer in there. This lipstick is incredibly glossy, very smooth and creamy and is oh so comfortable to wear. I am a little nervous of wearing bold lipsticks, and I tend to stick to lip glosses or lip crayons (I was obsessed with last year's Clarins Lip Balm Crayons). I never thought that there would be a lipstick with sheer glossy colour like this! It's absolutely perfect and a real novelty for me.

This lipstick has properties of a lip balm too! It feels incredibly moisturising on, which is probably why I felt it so comfortable to wear. It has a wonderful scent too, very sweet and it reminds me of strawberry bon bons! Despite being very soft and creamy, it lasts a decent amount of time too, I had a good couple of hours wear time before I felt like I needed a touch up. It wears away evenly too, it's one of those lip products which doesn't require too much maintenance!


What a brilliant product to introduce a bit of colour into your make up routine for Springtime! I can tell that this will be my favourite lip product this season. It's just the right amount of colour, with the perfect glossy sheen. This lipstick will set you back £19 and there are now 15 shades available, including the new Spring releases "Coral Dahlia" and "Rose Petal", which also looks gorgeous!

Clarins really know how to do lip products! I don't think I have ever been as excited about a lipstick before, honestly! If you get the chance to swatch these at a counter, definitely do & you will see what I mean!




*Product provided for review

2 comments:

  1. It's nice but a bit sheer for me. They are quite expensive. It looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you! I think they are great for people afraid of wearing bold lip colours like me! I like the sheer colour for spring/summer

      Delete