Sunday, 1 February 2015

January Favourites


Is it just me or has January been a very long month? I had been feeling a little under the weather (hence the lack of blog posts the last couple of weeks!) but I am now ready to get back into the swing of things! Starting with the products I was reaching most for in January.

1. Cocoa Brown Gentle Bronze - I just did a review of this one so I will not go into too much detail why I love this! But basically, it gives me the most beautiful hint of tan which has seen me through the Winter months and I shall be continuing to use it in the Spring/Summer months! I find it so easy and fuss-free to apply, and there isn't too much maintenance involved. So happy with this product!

2. Soap and Glory Sugar Crush - I bought these 2 in Boots a few months ago on a whim…basically because I liked the smell of them! But I have been using away at them both and have completely fell in love. The  body scrub is a little on the gentle side which is absolutely perfect. I use it on wet skin in the shower and it really works a treat (plus the bathroom smells amazing afterwards!). The body cream is just amazing, I love the smooth and light texture of it. It absorbs really well and doesn't leave a horrid sticky feeling. Honestly the Sugar Crush range smells good enough to eat!

3. YSL Baby Doll Mascara* - When I first tried this mascara I actually said "Wow!". It has a great wand with a flexible tip, really great formula (with a light scent). It makes my lashes so long and perfectly separates each one, no clumps here! Plus the packaging looks ultra glam. Definitely reaching for this one a lot more than my regular Lancome mascara!

4. Real Techniques Nic's Picks brush set - Somehow over Christmas I ended up with 3 sets of these brushes! Of all the Real Techniques brushes I own, it is Nic's Picks which really made me stand up and pay attention. They have completely changed the way I apply my make up. The face brushes are fantastic and so soft. The eye brushes are just amazing and great for more precise application.

5. La Roche Posay Nutric Intense Riche - Over the last couple of months I am suffering with terrible dry skin, for the first time in my life and I don't know why! A few weeks ago, after trying what felt like every product under the sun, I was recommended this moisturiser and it has made such a difference. I still get dry patches around my nose but they are definitely getting less and less. Hopefully by the time I finish this jar my skin will be back to normal! I just love taking my make up off and using plenty of this moisturiser. It's very thick but it feels very comforting and nourishing.

Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Moisturising Stick - The dry skin wasn't just contained to my face, it affected my lips as well! I actually went to the chemist to get the Reve de Miel lip balm that comes in the jar. They didn't have that so I bought this little stick version instead. It has a lovely light, kind of citrusy scent. It is lovely and smooth and glides onto the lips. It doesn't really last as long as I would have expected it to, cue me obsessively re-applying it every half hour! But it really is a saviour for dry lips and has helped me a lot.

Thierry Mugler Angel Perfume* - This has become my signature Winter scent. I wear it every day now! Where perfumes were concerned, I was into fresh/fruity scents only. Angel changed all that. It is oh so unusual, and a completely unique scent in my opinion. It is quite woody and spicy, almost like a masculine scent. I honestly haven't came across a perfume like this before. It is quite a heavy scent, you only really need a spritz or two as it is so strong. I also quite like spraying a bit on my scarf or on my hair. I also love how the bottle is re-fillable! Mine is the limited edition Glamorama bottle which came out at Christmas. (I did a full review of Angel here )


Have you tried any of these products? I'd love to know what your favourite products were from January!

2 comments:

  1. I adore the Sugar Crush range, I love the smell so much! Original Source Lime shower gel smells exactly the same x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah the smell is just amazing! it reminds me of my favourite yankee candle vanilla lime! x

      Delete