Saturday, 18 April 2015

A "meh" product! Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer


It's a common enough occurrence when you try a product that you neither like or dislike, and just think it is very average. This is one of them for me!

I had Debenhams vouchers to spend, and not actually "needing" anything I thought I would wing it and try something new. I had read that Urban Decay had some new "Naked" releases in the form of face products, so I thought I'd give the concealer a whirl. I actually have been trying to find something to brighten up my under-eyes.

Choosing a shade was rather a challenge, and a lesson as to why it's a bad idea to blindly order make up online. I chose "fair neutral" - as I don't believe I have a warm or cool complexion and I thought "fair" would suit my pale (un-tanned) skin. I didn't realise it would look so…. white! If anyone asks, I'm going for the Kardashian make up look!



Shade comparison with my other concealers - 
left to right - Urban Decay Naked Concealer Fair Neutral - Clarins Instant Concealer Shade 01 - Loreal True Match shade Vanilla





I can't explain why I am unimpressed with this concealer. I just feel that it is nothing to write home about. It didn't give me the "wow" factor like the Clarins Instant Concealer .

It blends out so sheer that I really don't feel it does anything for me. I guess it really is weightless then!  It isn't all that creamy and whilst it claims not to crease, I can't confirm or deny that claim since I have natural lines around my eyes, any product is going to crease on me.

If I paid full price for this concealer I would be rather disappointed. I am sure there are many drugstore alternatives which would work just as well. The good thing I can say about the Naked Skin range is the massive shade range (As opposed to only 3 shades available in the Clarins concealer!).

What do you think of this concealer? Have you tried it? Would you be tempted to try it?

6 comments:

  1. Great balanced review, I've been interested in this one after reading loads of good reviews but I'm so picky with my concealers I wasn't sure whether to go for it or not! Don't think I will now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know you like the clarins concealer, and it is miles better than the urban decay!

      Delete
  2. Great review lovely! I can't decide between this or the NARS creamy concealer!

    ❤ The Jewel Beauty Blog ❤ || Mad About Mini's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah thanks india! i've never tried the nars one but i must get my hands on it some time!

      Delete
  3. I looooooove your eye makeup! Could you tell me which products you used to create it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! :D ooh now I am not sure now what I used! It looks like shadows from the Mac Neutral Cool palette!

      Delete