Tuesday, 21 April 2015

Clarins Aquatic Treasures collection for Summer 2015


Hooray for outdoor photos! Isn't this lovely sunny weather just the perfect tonic? That means it is almost time for Summer make up, and who does Summer make up better than Clarins? I have been so obsessed with their Summer collections the last couple of years, so I am so delighted to be able to try out some bits from the new Aquatic Treasures collection!



Aquatic Treasures Summer Bronzing Compact £30
Every year Clarins release a knockout bronzing compact. This one really is a stunner! The exterior of the compact is just beautiful, I could stare at it all day! Inside is a wonderful matte bronzer, with four segments of different shades. I love the embossed design on the powder. I just swirl my brush around the entire compact and I have been using it pretty much all over my face to bronze up my make up. The powder is extremely soft, and is very pigmented so a light hand is needed. Gorgeous!



Instant Light Radiance Boosting Complexion Base £26
The Instant Light Radiance Boosting Complexion Base is a permanent fixture in the Clarins make up range,  though they are bringing out 2 limited edition shades for summer. I have the shade "04 Apricot" and there will also be a shade "05 Golden Bronze". This can be worn alone or as a base for your make up. I have tried it both ways, and love it! I love how the tube has a pump and it dispenses the perfect amount to apply all over your face and neck. It's not shimmery but just gives an incredible "glow" - I am not one to use base products like this but I have to say there is a noticeable difference in my complexion when I wear this! Although the shade Apricot looks rather dark in my swatch here, it blends in beautifully and looks perfect on me, especially if I am tanned. It doesn't particularly give any coverage if you did decide to wear it on it's own, but I think it would be the perfect face product to wear on a holiday. It has a gorgeous scent and just feels so fresh and light on the skin.



Clarins Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil £17
Next up I have been trying the double ended eye liner pencil, which I have been loving very much! The pencil has a gel/cream texture and is so easy to apply and smudge with the little rubber end. It's great for a quick smokey eye! It stays on your eyes all day long and because it is waterproof it will be great for summer heat, or at the pool!



Clarins Ombre Iridescente £19
Last up, we have a gorgeous little eyeshadow pot in the shade "01 Aquatic Rose", which is a beautiful neutral, rose gold shade. I can imagine this colour suiting everybody. I got on a lot better with this eyeshadow than I did with the Ombre Mattes which were released last Autumn. I think probably because these are a little more shimmery, there is more "stick" to them and this has been lasting on me all day without creasing. Anyway, these are definitely a powder formula and I guess you could apply with an eyeshadow brush but I just prefer to use my ring finger and really pack it on all over the lid, much the same as if it were a cream eyeshadow. I have really been loving this eyeshadow, after the heavy eye make ups of the Winter season it is just so nice to pare it all back with beautiful, simple neutrals like this. And I do love a pearly, iridescent shade! There is also a darker shade available, "Aquatic Grey" if that is more your style! They are absolutely brilliant and hassle-free to apply.


Another close up of the bronzer, I just think this is the most beautiful piece of make up I have seen in a long time!


Wearing all of the products….I have the Complexion Base on under my foundation (Clarins Everlasting+ - love this stuff!), the bronzer all over my face, Ombre Iridescente all over my eyelids with the bronzer as a crease colour, the waterproof eyeliner pencil on the lash line smudged out, Clarins Blush Prodige 02 Soft Peach, Clarins Jolie Rouge lipstick in "Coral Dahlia".


What do you think of this collection? Isn't it just gorgeous and perfect for Summer? I must admit I was looking forward to a Clarins summer eyeshadow palette like the last couple of years, but I guess because they brought out a palette in the Spring collection, they didn't do one for summer. I feel like this collection is all about very understated make up, glowing bronzed complexions. I am so into that right now!

The Clarins Aquatic Treasures collection is available in May 2015.



Products provided for review. All opinions my own.

8 comments:

  1. Everything looks fantastic, that base looks scary but your skin looks gorgeous in the pictures and you'd never think it could blend like that! I am very attracted to that bronzer but I think it will be 2056 by the time I get through last Summer's Lancome one so I can't justify it :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I am the same Sharon, I've barely made a dent in my Lancome bronzer! it's absolutely massive, who knows when we will have used them up!

      The base is fantastic, I don't usually bother with products like that but the difference it makes is unreal! It looks pretty good when you wear it on it's own too, I think i might bring it with me on holiday.

      Delete
  2. Really want that bronzer - even if it's just to look at!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's so beautiful! it's almost too pretty to use!

      Delete
  3. The bronzer looks fab and not too dark for paler skin tones! Love the little pump top too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are right susan! it would definitely suit paler skin tones!

      Delete
  4. That bronzer looks stunning holy jaaaaaysus! And I love the look of the rose gold shadow.. I'm a rose gold freak. And your HAIR Grace I am heart eye emoji'd about it I wish I could rock a red head, love the way it looks in the light! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow thanks grace! i think you could definitely rock a red head! you can pull off anything!
      the bronzer is so fab, i can't get over it! i am a rose gold fan too, this eyeshadow is just amazing, it's going to be great to wear over summer!

      Delete